2014-2015 Host Site Application Information
SCROLL TO BOTTOM OF PAGE TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION MATERIALS
Request for Proposals Timeline
January 3 ----- 2014-15 Host Site Application released
January 23 ---- Technical assistance session for Host Site Applicants (1 PM)
February 10 --- Proposals due
March 3 ------- Host Sites notified of VISTA placement, candidate recruitment begins
May 1 --------- Signed Memorandum of Agreement due
June 2 --------- Deadline for Host Sites to select VISTA candidate
July 1 --------- Administrative fee due
Aug. 4-7 ------ New VISTAs attend CNCS Pre-Service Orientation (PSO)
Aug. 8 -------- New VISTAs arrive on site
Aug. 13 ------- All VISTAs and Supervisors attend NC Campus Compact VISTA Orientation
The host site application and additional materials should be submitted via email to:
Chad Fogleman, NC Campus Compact Program Coordinator
Who can apply to host a VISTA?
Campus Compact member campuses may apply with a community partner OR
community-based organizations may apply with a member campus partner.
VISTAs should spend time on-site regularly with both partners.
If our site currently hosts a VISTA, do we need to re-apply?
If your site currently hosts a Campus Compact VISTA, you must complete the continuation application below, including a new VAD.
What kinds of projects will NC Campus Compact support?
Applicants must propose a project that builds a campus/community partnership to address ONE of the following focus areas:
- Economic Opportunity – projects that provide housing or financial literacy services to low-income people.
- Education - projects that advance K-12 success for at-risk students through mentoring, academic support, or whole-school partnerships.
- Healthy Futures - projects that improve access to nutritious food for low-income individuals and communities.
VISTAs may also organize events for national days of service, including MLK Day of Service.
- Host Site Application (for New Sites) or Host Site Continuation (for Continuing Sites) - (download below)
- Host Site Agreement Form (for both New & Continuing, download below)
- Campus/Community Partner Letter of Support
- Host Site Supervisor Resume (New Sites)
Technical Assistance Calls
calls are for VISTA Host Site Applicants preparing the 2014-15 host
site proposal. These sessions will review the host site application and
offer resources and guidance for completing the proposal. Each session
will include an online meeting and simultaneous conference call. Campus
and community host site applicants and partners are invited to join.
Call Date: 1/23 at 1 PM
To join the meeting: http://elonuniv.adobeconnect.com/vistahostsite2014/
Phone call-in info:
If you are calling from a landline, please call:
If you are calling from your cell phone, please call: 719-457-6209
Guest passcode: 213809
If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before, test your connection:
You may also like to review our RESOURCES FOR SUPERVISORS
Click the ORANGE ARROW at right to download a form!