Nafeesa Yunus Bio
Dr. Nafeesa Yunus earned her B.S. and MBA in Finance from Indiana University of Pennsylvania and a Ph.D. in Finance (minor in Real Estate) from the University of Texas at Arlington. She joined the University of Baltimore in 2008 and is now an Associate Professor (tenured) of Finance and Real Estate at UB.
Dr. Yunus’s research interests revolve around Financial econometrics, Globalization of capital markets, Macro aspects of financial markets and instruments, International finance, Financial contagion, Real estate investments, Portfolio strategy and the Housing market. She has published articles in several reputable academic journals including Real Estate Economics (2 papers), Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Journal of International Financial Markets Institutions and Money (2 papers), Journal of Real Estate Research, Journal of Property Research (2 papers), Journal of Property Investment and Finance and the Journal of Multinational Financial Management . Dr. Yunus currently has a paper undergoing 2nd round revision, a paper under review and several papers in various stages of publication.
(Several preps at UB at the graduate and undergraduate level using both online and F2F modes of delivery)
From 2008-2016, Dr. Yunus taught numerous preparations at UB both online and face to face at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. They include:
1. Graduate level Corporate Finance (FIN 605-7 Weeks) Face to Face.
2. Graduate level Corporate Finance (FIN 605-7 Weeks) online.
3. Real Estate Finance (FIN 471) Face to Face
4. Real Estate Investments (FIN 470) Face to Face
Face to Face
6. Financial Management (FIN 331) Online and Face to Face
7. Graduate level Financial Management (FIN 504) Online
8. Graduate level Real Estate Investments (FIN 750) Face to Face.
9. Graduate level Corporate Finance (FIN 640) Face to Face.
10. Real Estate Market Analysis (REED 475) Face to Face.
Courses taught at other institutions:
Dr. Yunus serves and has served on various committees at UB including the Undergraduate curriculum committee, the Faculty development committee, the Civility committee, University research council.