Health & Fitness
- Goal should be Good health not weight loss if you want to sustain it for a long time
- Enjoy the Journey: Don't get dishearten if you are not seeing the results. Persistence is the key.
- There is no short cut. and there is no spot fat removal. If you need to loose weight, only solution is exercise and good diet.
- There is no exercise to remove the belly fat. Do not take any pills or medicine since they will only damage.
- Good health is a change in lifestyle and that will help you in the long run. Remember it is not for one day or one year. This is for lifetime so always think long term.
- Anybody can do it. Best would be to get a gym membership with a trainer and it really helps.
- Trainer helps you to be consistent.
- Trainer job is to help you with exercises to challenge your body. Your body adapts and will hit the plateau if you do not change your exercises so just running for six months will not show changes if this is your only exercise.
- Do not look at weight scale every day. Once in two weeks. Remember weight scale will not always reflect the changes. Many times you will loose inches but not pounds.
- Plan for a day ( Do not plan for a week or month)
- Start with exercise 30 mins walking and do not worry about any diet. Many people are caught up in trying to do everything at the same time.
- Do not starve yourself
- Healthy Diet is not eating less but eating healthy
- Exercise + Healthy Diet + Good Sleep + Less Stress + Good Family and Social Life = Good Health
- Patience & Persistence are critical for success
- Fitness requires more mind work than body so be positive and never give up
- Your body is very powerful and self healer but it needs right input. Junk will damage the system.
- Recommended Diet:
- No or at least minimum soda or any kind of juices
- Avoid food with processed sugar. Natural sugar in fruits are fine
- 3 servings of fruit. One apple is one serving
- Milk but with less fat
- Steamed Vegetables not cooked with every meal
- Nuts:Almonds, Walnuts. Do not take more than 8 almonds and few walnuts per day.
- Organic dates
- No or minimum red meat.
- Multivitamin even though it is debatable.
- Green tea. There is no evidence that it helps but it does not harm.
- Not more than one egg a day
- 60 mins Workout - 3 or 5 times out of 7 days
- 30 mins Cardio Workout on the remaining Days
- Functional Exercises comprise of active movements
- Strength Exercises incorporate weights
- Power Exercise incorporates Functional as well as Strength. Below routines are mostly power exercises or CrossFit.
- 10 mins warm up
- Perform 3 sets at 10 or 15 repetitions
- Perform sets with 70-85% of max resistance.
- 60-70% max = 15 reps
- 70-85% = 10-12 reps
- 85-90% = 8-10 reps
- 10 mins cardio after the workout (Treadmill or Elliptical)
- Pick and choose whatever works for you
Dumbbell Chest Press
Dumbbell Bench Press
Dumbbell Bicep Curls
Dumbbell Shoulder Press
Dumbbell Chest Fly
Cable Tricep Extensions
Straight Bar Bicep Curl