This mission is fulfilled through a variety of activities, including sponsored research, seminars, conferences carried out by a bulk of economists from the Department of Economics and Social Sciences of the Università Politecnica delle Marche, in cooperation with researchers from other universities, post-doc research fellows, PhD students and graduate students.
Research project: RAstaNEWS "Macro-Risk Assessment and Stabilization Policies with New Early Warning Signals"
Latest working papers:
- Miyakawa D., Hosono K., Uchino T., Ono A., Uchida H., Uesugi I. (2015). Financial shocks and firm exports: a natural experiment approach with a massive earthquake, MoFiR wp n°111.
- Uchida H., Miyakawa D., Hosono K., Ono A., Uchino T., Uesugi I. (2015). Financial shocks, bankruptcy and natural selection, MoFiR wp n°110.
- Cesaroni T. (2015). Procyclicality of credit rating systems: how to manage it, MoFiR wp n°109.
- Ferri G. and Leogrande A. (2015). Was the Crisis due to a shift from stakeholder to shareholder finance? Surveying the debate, MoFiR wp n°108.
- Bruni L. and Ferri G. (2015). Does Cooperativeness Promote Happiness? Cross-country Evidence, MoFiR wp n°107.
- Bellucci A., Borisov A., Giombini G., Zazzaro A. (2015). Collateral and local lending: testing the lender-based theory, MoFiR wp n°106.
- Papi L., Sarno E., Zazzaro A. (2015). The geographical network of bank organizations: issues and evidence for Italy, MoFiR wp n°105.
- Presbitero AF, Rabellotti R, Piras C, Barking up the wrong tree: Measuring gender gaps in firm's access to finance, Journal of Development Studies, 50(10): 1430-44.
- Presbitero AF, Sacchi A, Zazzaro A, Property tax and fiscal discipline in OECD countries, Economics Letters, 124(3): 428-33.
- Panizza U, Presbitero AF, Public debt and economic growth: Is there a causal effect? Journal of Macroeconomics, 41: 21-41.
- Bellucci A, Borisov A, Zazzaro A, Do Banks Price Discriminate Spatially? Evidence from Small Business Lending in Local Credit Markets, Journal of Banking and Finance, 37(13): 4183-4197.
- Fratianni M, Marchionne F, The Fading Stock Market Response to Announcements of Bank Bailouts, Journal of Financial Stability, 9(1): 69-89.
- Bettin G, Lucchetti R, Zazzaro A, Endogeneity and sample selection in a model for remittances, Journal of Development Economics, 99(2): 370-384.