This mission is fulfilled through a variety of activities, including sponsored research, seminars, conferences carried out by a bulk of economists from the Department of Economics and Social Sciences of the Università Politecnica delle Marche, in cooperation with researchers from other universities, post-doc research fellows, PhD students and graduate students.
Research project: RAstaNEWS "Macro-Risk Assessment and Stabilization Policies with New Early Warning Signals"
Latest working papers:
- Fratianni M. and Giri F. (2015). The tale of two great crises, MoFiR wp n°117.
- Berg A, Buffie E, Pattillo C, Portillo R, Presbitero AF, Zanna F (2015). Some misconceptions about public investment efficiency and growth, MoFiR wp n°116.
- Presbitero AF (2015). Too much and too fast? Public investment scaling-up and absorptive capacity, MoFiR wp n°115.
- Abuka C, Alinda RK, Minoiu C, Peydro JL, Presbitero AF (2015). Monetary Policy in a Developing Country: Loan Applications and Real Effects, MoFiR wp n°114.
- Alessandrini P. and Fratianni M. (2015). In the absence of fiscal union, the Eurozone needs a more flexible monetary policy, MoFiR wp n°113.
- Peruzzi V. (2015). Does family ownership structure affect investment-cash flow sensitivity? Evidence from Italian SMEs, MoFiR wp n°112.
- Miyakawa D., Hosono K., Uchino T., Ono A., Uchida H., Uesugi I. (2015). Financial shocks and firm exports: a natural experiment approach with a massive earthquake, MoFiR wp n°111.
- Bettin G, Presbitero AF, Spatafora N, Remittances and vulnerability in developing countries, World Bank Economic Review, doi:10.1093/wber/lhv053.
- Bettin G, Lucchetti R, Steady streams and sudden bursts: persistence patterns in remittance decisions, Journal of Population Economics, doi:10.1007/s00148-015-0565-9.
- Papi L, Presbitero AF, Zazzaro A, IMF lending and banking crises, IMF Economic Review, forthcoming.
- Eberhardt M, Presbitero AF, Public debt and growth: heterogeneity and non-linearity, Journal of International Economics, 97(1): 45-58.
- Presbitero AF, Rabellotti R, Piras C, Barking up the wrong tree: Measuring gender gaps in firm's access to finance, Journal of Development Studies, 50(10): 1430-44.
- Presbitero AF, Sacchi A, Zazzaro A, Property tax and fiscal discipline in OECD countries, Economics Letters, 124(3): 428-33.
- Panizza U, Presbitero AF, Public debt and economic growth: Is there a causal effect? Journal of Macroeconomics, 41: 21-41.