This mission is fulfilled through a variety of activities, including sponsored research, seminars, conferences carried out by a bulk of economists from the Department of Economics and Social Sciences of the Università Politecnica delle Marche, in cooperation with researchers from other universities, post-doc research fellows, PhD students and graduate students.
Research project: RAstaNEWS "Macro-Risk Assessment and Stabilization Policies with New Early Warning Signals"
Latest working papers:
- Brzozowski J., Cucculelli M. (2016). Learning from crisis: a systematic literature review. MoFiR wp n°123.
- Ferri G., Rotondi Z. (2016). Misure del rischio di credito nel finanziamento delle imprese e incidenza dei prestiti in default: un'analisi comparata per le banche europee. MoFiR wp n°122.
- Filomeni S., Udell G.F., Zazzaro A. (2016). Hardening soft information: how far has technology taken us?, MoFir wp n°121.
- Bettin G., Zazzaro A. (2016). The impact of natural disasters on remittances to low- and middle-income countries, MoFiR wp n°120.
- Alessandrini P., Bracalente B., Casini Benvenuti S. (2016). Italia di mezzo: omogeneità originarie e progetto di macroregione sistema, MoFiR wp n°119.
- Bellucci A., Borisov A., Zazzaro A. (2016). Bank organization and loan contracting in small business financing, MoFiR wp n°118.
- Fratianni M. and Giri F. (2015). The tale of two great crises, MoFiR wp n°117.
- Berg A, Buffie E, Pattillo C, Portillo R, Presbitero AF, Zanna F (2015). Some misconceptions about public investment efficiency and growth, MoFiR wp n°116.
- Presbitero AF, Too much and too fast? Public investment scaling-up and absorptive capacity, Journal of Development Economics, 120: 17-31.
- Bettin G, Presbitero AF, Spatafora N, Remittances and vulnerability in developing countries, World Bank Economic Review, doi:10.1093/wber/lhv053.
- Bettin G, Lucchetti R, Steady streams and sudden bursts: persistence patterns in remittance decisions, Journal of Population Economics, doi:10.1007/s00148-015-0565-9.
- Papi L, Presbitero AF, Zazzaro A, IMF lending and banking crises, IMF Economic Review, 63(3): 644-691.
- Eberhardt M, Presbitero AF, Public debt and growth: heterogeneity and non-linearity, Journal of International Economics, 97(1): 45-58.
- Presbitero AF, Rabellotti R, Piras C, Barking up the wrong tree: Measuring gender gaps in firm's access to finance, Journal of Development Studies, 50(10): 1430-44.
- Presbitero AF, Sacchi A, Zazzaro A, Property tax and fiscal discipline in OECD countries, Economics Letters, 124(3): 428-33.
- Panizza U, Presbitero AF, Public debt and economic growth: Is there a causal effect? Journal of Macroeconomics, 41: 21-41.