This mission is fulfilled through a variety of activities, including sponsored research, seminars, conferences carried out by a bulk of economists from the Department of Economics and Social Sciences of the Università Politecnica delle Marche, in cooperation with researchers from other universities, post-doc research fellows, PhD students and graduate students.
Research project: RAstaNEWS "Macro-Risk Assessment and Stabilization Policies with New Early Warning Signals"
Latest working papers:
- Calcagnini G., Giombini G., Perugini F. (2016). "Bank foundations, social capital, and the growth of Italian provinces", MoFiR wp n°131.
- De Bonis R. (2016). "What Piketty said in Capital in the Twenty-first Century and how economists reacted", MoFiR wp n°130.
- Astore M., Fratianni M. (2016). "We can't pay": How Italy cancelled war debts after Lausanne, MoFiR wp n°129.
- Cucculelli M., Peruzzi V., Zazzaro A. (2016). Relational capital in lending relationships: Evidence from European family firms, MoFiR wp n°128.
- Bettin G., Lucchetti R., Pigini C. (2016). State dependence and unobserved heterogeneity in a double hurdle model for remittances: evidence from immigrants to Germany. MoFiR wp n°127.
- Ermini B., Papi L., Scaturro F. (2016). Over-education among Italian Ph.D graduates. Does the crisis make a difference. MoFiR wp n°126.
- Alessandrini P., Fratianni M., Papi L., Zazzaro A. (2016). The asymmetric burden of regulation: will local banks survive?. MoFiR wp n°125.
- Alessandrini P., Fratianni M., Papi L., Zazzaro A. (2016). Banks, regions and development after the crisis and under the new regulatory system. MoFiR wp n°124.
- Brzozowski J., Cucculelli M. (2016). Learning from crisis: a systematic literature review. MoFiR wp n°123.
- Ferri G., Rotondi Z. (2016). Misure del rischio di credito nel finanziamento delle imprese e incidenza dei prestiti in default: un'analisi comparata per le banche europee. MoFiR wp n°122.
- Filomeni S., Udell G.F., Zazzaro A. (2016). Hardening soft information: how far has technology taken us?, MoFir wp n°121.
- Bettin G., Zazzaro A. (2016). The impact of natural disasters on remittances to low- and middle-income countries, MoFiR wp n°120.
- Presbitero AF, Too much and too fast? Public investment scaling-up and absorptive capacity, Journal of Development Economics, 120: 17-31.
- Pietrovito F., Pozzolo A.F., Salvatici L.. Internationalization Choices: An Ordered Probit Analysis at Industry-level, Empirical Economics, 50: 561-594.
- Bettin G, Presbitero AF, Spatafora N, Remittances and vulnerability in developing countries, World Bank Economic Review, doi:10.1093/wber/lhv053.
- Bettin G, Lucchetti R, Steady streams and sudden bursts: persistence patterns in remittance decisions, Journal of Population Economics, doi:10.1007/s00148-015-0565-9.
- Papi L, Presbitero AF, Zazzaro A, IMF lending and banking crises, IMF Economic Review, 63(3): 644-691.
- Eberhardt M, Presbitero AF, Public debt and growth: heterogeneity and non-linearity, Journal of International Economics, 97(1): 45-58.
- Presbitero AF, Rabellotti R, Piras C, Barking up the wrong tree: Measuring gender gaps in firm's access to finance, Journal of Development Studies, 50(10): 1430-44.
- Presbitero AF, Sacchi A, Zazzaro A, Property tax and fiscal discipline in OECD countries, Economics Letters, 124(3): 428-33.
- Panizza U, Presbitero AF, Public debt and economic growth: Is there a causal effect? Journal of Macroeconomics, 41: 21-41.