Michalis P. Michaelides
I held visiting or adjunct appointments at the University of Cyprus (2010-11), the Open University of Cyprus (2007-12), and at New York University (2004). During my doctoral studies (1999-2003) I worked as a Research Assistant at Stanford University, and at the American Institutes for Research in Palo Alto CA , and as an Intern at Measured Progress in Dover NH.
New book published by IEA and Springer: Motivational Profiles in TIMSS Mathematics. Open-access publication. Co-authored with Gavin Brown, Hanna Eklöf, and Elena Papanastasiou.
42nd Annual Conference of the International School Psychology Association, ISPA2020, in Nicosia, July 14-17, 2020. I am a member of the Local Organizing Committee and Chair for Scientific Matters.
TEACHING at the University of Cyprus
- Applied Data Analysis (Multivariate techniques)
- Advanced Research Methods (SEM, CFA, IRT)
- Multivariate analysis methods in the behavioral sciences
- Methodology I: Descriptive Research
- Methodology II: Correlational and Experimental Research
In the past I have taught courses on research methods, statistics for the social and behavioral sciences, psychological measurement, educational assessment and measurement, educational psychology and introduction to psychology. I have taught courses at the European University Cyprus, the Open University of Cyprus, New York University and Stanford University.
1. International Journal of Testing (2013- )
2. Practical Assessment, Research and Evaluation: Senior Editor (2011-2016), Editorial Board (2008-11)
3. Frontiers in Quantitative Psychology and Measurement: Assoc. Editor (2009-2018)
4. Electronic Journal of Research in Educational Psychology: Editorial Board (2007-10)
Ad hoc Reviewer
Educational and Psychological Measurement, British Journal of Mathematical and Statistical Psychology, Educational Assessment, European Journal of Psychology of Education, International Journal of Educational Research, Journal of Educational and Behavioral Statistics, Journal of Political Marketing, Learning and Individual Differences, Psychological Reports, Behavior Research Methods, Assessment in Education: Principles, Policy & Practice, International Journal of Research & Method in Education, Personality and Individual Differences, Cogent Psychology, Assessment, Psihologia (in Greek), Journal of Contextual Behavioral Science, Structural Equation Modeling.
- National Council on Measurement in Education (NCME)
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- International Test Commission (ITC)
- European Association for Research on Learning and Instruction (EARLI)
- Association for Educational Assessment-Europe
- Member of the local advisory committee for the PIRLS study (2018- )
- Member of the Scientific Committee for the Cyprus Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction (2011-2017)
- NCME Annual Award Committees:
- For Outstanding Technical or Scientific Contribution to the Field of Educational Measurement (2011-2012, Chair)
- For Outstanding Example of Application of Educational Measurement Technology to a Specific Problem (2010-2011)
- For Outstanding Dissemination of Educational Measurement Concepts to the Public (2009-2010)
- Working Group for the Redesign of the AP Exams, The College Board (2006-07)