My primary fields of interest include catastrophe risk, disaster relief, insurer operations, insurance market economics, financial markets, and behavioral insurance.
Published and Forthcoming Papers
- The Influence of Sellers on Contract Choice: Evidence from Flood Insurance, with Benjamin Collier. The Journal of Risk and Insurance, forthcoming.
- An Ex Post Assessment of Investor Response to Catastrophes, with Jianren Xu. North American Actuarial Journal. 23(2): 250-275, 2019.
- Market Expectations Following Catastrophes: An Examination of Insurance Broker Returns, with Martin Halek. The Journal of Risk and Insurance. 83(4): 849-876, 2016.
- The Effect of Information Disclosure on Demand for High-Load Insurance, with Benjamin Collier and Johannes Jaspersen.
- Linking Subjective and Incentivized Risk Attitudes: The Importance of the Loss Domain, with Johannes Jaspersen and Justin Sydnor.
- The Role of Probability Weighting in Optimal Insurance Demand: A Double-Edged Sword, with Johannes Jaspersen and Richard Peter.
Works in Progress
- On the Predictive Validity of Behavioral Decision Theories in Insurance Demand, with Johannes Jaspersen and Justin Sydnor.
- Gains Trading as an Earnings Management Tool: The Case of Property-Casualty Insurers, with Kyeonghee Kim.