- 2012: Ph.D in Geophysics, California Institute of Technology.
- 2009: MSc in Geophysics, California Institute of Technology.
- 2007: BSc in Geosciences, Nanjing University.
- 2014-present: Assistant Professor of Geophysics, Univ. of California, Los Angeles.
- 2012-2013: Postdoctoral Fellow, Univ. of California, Berkeley.
- 2015: Awardee of Hellman Fellowship, UCLA.
- 2014: Holder of The Leon and Joanne V.C. Knopoff Chair in Physics and Geophysics, UCLA.
- 2012: Student Presentation Award, SSA (Seismological Society of America).
- 2011: Best Young Scientist Award, CTBT (Comprehensive Nuclear Test-Ban Treaty ).
- 2007-2008: Frontiers in Geochemistry Fellowship, Caltech.
- 2003-2006: Fundamental Geosciences Scholarship, Nanjing University
- NSF Geophysics EAR 1833532 2018-2020: ”A New Adjoint-state Full Waveform Tsunami Source Imaging Method ” (Single PI)
- NSF Geophysics EAR 1723192 2017-2019: ”Detecting Offshore Seismicity by Combining Back-Projection and Matched Filter Analysis ” (Single PI)
- UC MEXUS 2017: “Discovering the connection between slow slip events and large megathrust events in Mexico” (Co-PI)
- USC SCEC 2017: “Characterizing Seismic Site Conditions in Southern California Based on Topographically Induced Stress and Bedrock Fractures” (Co-PI)
- USC SCEC 2017: “Searching for the Deep Seismic Activity in the Roots of the San Andreas Fault” (lead-PI)
- UCLA COR Faculty Research Grant 2017: ”Imaging the Deep Seismic Activity in The Roots of the San Andreas Fault” (Single PI)
- UCLA OVCR Transdisciplinary Seed Grant 2017, Big Data Initiatives: “Searching for repeating foreshocks by data-mining massive continuous seismic waveforms” (Single PI)
- UCLA COR Faculty Research Grant 2016: ”Array-Based Earthquake Early Warning System Using Low-Cost Seismic Sensors” (Single PI)
- NSF EarthScope EAR 1614609 2016-2018: “Improving Earthquake Back-Projection Imaging with a Novel Physics-Based Aftershock Calibration Approach” (Single PI)
- Hellman Fellowship 2015: “A novel tsunami warning system based on seismic antenna” (Single PI)
- 2014-present: Teaching "Applied Geophysics" (EPS135, EPS136A),"Earthquakes" (EPS8), and "Introduction to Seismology (EPS222)", UCLA.
- 2012: Mentoring SURF student, Caltech.
- 2008-2011: Teaching assistant, Caltech.
- 2004-2006: Tutoring high school student, Nanjing University.
- 2011-present : reviewers on GRL, JGR, GJI, Science, BSSA, SRL, Tectophysics, Scientific Report and NSF proposals.
PDF UPDATED Oct. 18, 2018