Local Produce and Green Stuff
Local Produce & Supplies
We try to source local produce and supplies where possible, so far we have:
- Welsh Brew Tea is from Mumbles
- Bacon is from Howells Butchers in Penclawdd (North Gower)
- Free Range Eggs are from Ellis Eggs in Aberdare
- Princes Gate bottled water is from Pembrokshire
- Yoghurts are from Llannefydd in North Wales
- Welsh Milk and Welsh Butter from local suppliers
- Lots of artwork in the guest rooms is from the Oyster Gallery in Mumbles
Green Stuff :)
- Here at Langland Road we genuinely care about recycling and minimizing our carbon footprint and DO something about it....
- Most of the policies in place would not be noticed by our guests during your stay, but we assure you we complete all procedures listed below.
- All our linen is laundered in house (in the garage if you want to be nosey)
- All bedding is washed and allowed to dry naturally, outside in the summer and on airers in the winter.
- We only tumble dry towels in order to fluff them up otherwise they are like cardboard.
- Our tumble dryer is gas heated which uses 40% less energy than electric equivalent and our washing machine has a large load capacity and heats only enough water that it needs. Its rated AA+ efficient
- All plastic, card, paper, tins and glass and waste foodstuffs used at breakfast are recycled in separate storage bins and are collected by the Council every fortnight.
- All bedroom bins and most en-suite bins have their contents sorted and recycled with other materials as well as shower gel packaging etc.
- Our recycling policy ensures every two weeks we only produce one black bag of non recyclable materials for land fill (this includes our domestic waste).
- We provide fresh towels every other day, but change automatically any towels discarded in the shower.
- Our heating and water boiler is less than 3 years old and is a Condensing Combi Boiler with 'A' rating 90% efficient Worcester’s Greenstar Boiler
- All the bedroom toilets have dual flush.
- All light bulbs are energy efficient
- All orange juice and cranberry juice cartons are taken to the Civic recycling centre where there is a tetra recycling bank.
- Duvet Covers are non-iron
- Our pillows are from M&S and are stuffed with recycled plastic bottles J
- We don’t use individual sachets of tea, coffee and ‘uht’ milk in guest rooms – we give you a jar of tea and coffee. Fresh milk is always available from the breakfast room.
- All old duvets and pillows are donated to ‘Llys Nini’ Animal Rescue Centre to be used as bedding for homeless animals.