- Beginner Carving Class: Whittle away the long winters of Minnesota by making delightful hand carved gifts and ornaments. Participants will learn basic woodcarving techniques. Projects include a small pine tree, ornament, animals, and little people. Bring your own woordcarving supplies, or you may purchase supplies on site. Students under 18 must be accompanied by parent/adult also taking the class (Ages 12+)
- Instructor: Roger Morrison
- Dates/Time: 9:00a-12:00p Jan 25th, Feb 8th and 22nd, Mar 7th and 21st, Apr 4th
- Location: Proctor Area Community Center
- Cost $48 ($8 per session)
- Class size is limited. Register at https://ph.ce.eleyo.com/course/1045/winter-2020/beginner-woodcarving
OTHER OPPORTUNITIES IN THE DULUTH AREA
1. “Carve S’more” on Fourth Fridays from September-May
These sessions are a great way to advance your carving skills in a fun and relaxing environment. Coffee is available and expect occasional freebie carving projects. Instructor: Roger Morrison. $2 per session, with payment due only when you attend; pre-enrollment is not required.
Sessions are held on the Fourth Friday of months September-May from 10-noon at the Proctor Area Community Center, Proctor, MN.
2. Check out the Duluth Folk School for more opportunities.