From Dec/Jan 2007 Taste of Home
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil; grease the foil with butter. Set
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and 1 cup
- cream. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir until smooth
- and blended, about 10 minutes. Stir in milk and remaining cream.
- Bring to a boil over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Cook and
- stir until a candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball stage),
- about 25 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in pecans and vanilla. Pour into prepared
- pan (do not scrape saucepan). Cool. Using foil, lift candy out of
- pan; cut into 1-in. squares. Wrap individually in waxed paper.
- Yield: about 2-1/2 pounds.