ContactEmail: tabia[at]cril[dot]frAddress: Faculté des sciences Jean Perrin Rue Jean Souvraz, SP 18 F62307 lens Cedex, France
Karim Tabia - Associate Professor
Short bio: I hold a PhD form CRIL - Artois University in November 2008. I spent one year as a post-doctoral fellow at Polytech'Nantes. I'm since September 2010 associate professor at Artois University (Faculté des Sciences Jean Perrin - Lens). In October 2019, I defended an Habilitation entitled "Contributions to Reasoning under Uncertainty in a Possibilistic setting". My research activities are done in the CRIL Lab (Centre de Recherche en Informatique de Lens - CNRS UMR 8188) and I'm particularly interested in Knowledge Representation and Reasoning.
My research activities cover certain subjects in Artificial Intelligence such as Knowledge representation and reasoning; Reasoning under uncertainty and inconsistency and Compact representations (Graphical and logical models).
As part of my research, I participated in several research projects on many topics including:
- Computer animation and digital content management as part of the European project H2020 AniAge
- Possibilistic description logics and the exploitation of large volumes of heterogeneous data within the framework of the ANR ASPIQ project;
- Data mining with declarative approaches as part of the ANR DAG
- Data quality of the within the framework of the QDoSSI project - CNRS, Défi Mastodon
- Learning parameters from imprecise data as part of the PEPS Fascido 2015 MAPPOS project
- The exploitation of sensor data as part of the Aviesan OCIP-Nut project (Smart and Personalized Connected Objects in the field of Nutrition)
I teach computer science at the Jean Perrin science faculty. This year, I'm teaching a course in Knowledge Representation and Reasoning (Master 2 IA), Computer Security (Master 2 ILI and Master 1), Data mining (Master 2) and Emerging Technologies (License 3).