Garage Server Rack
El-cheapo rack in garage for 24/7 servers as garage is cooler and keeps noise out of living area. However garage is noisy and has much external air circulation, hence the need for air filtering and active ventilation.
Parts & Cost:
- Steel/Wood shelves (18 x 36 x 60")
- Should have got the 24" depth ones, as this can't fit a typical 20" box fan. Considering 4 x 20cm diameter 12v dc fans
- Steel mesh for "shielding"
- Wood sheet for rear backing (36" x 18.5, 18.5, 15")
- Meshing for left/right. Don't think have any allowance for proper air filter.
- Bolts and such, Duct tape, Foam tape
- 2nd hand Back-UPS Pro XS 1500
- $23.13 - steel mesh and tools
- $33 - 20cm DC fans
- $24.82 - filter material
- $60 - doors
- 6/17/2013 - mesh, filters, fans installed. lots of duct tape used.
36" W x 18" D (actually slightly more than 36") due to frame
18.5" from top of topmost shelf to top of shelf 2nd from top. 19.5" if until the underside.
5-6mm screw size for allowing "slot in" onto frame.
- WeMo api https://pypi.python.org/pypi/ouimeaux/0.4.3
- WeMo sucks. Don't bother.