Hi and welcome!
I am an Assistant Professor at the Energy Analytics & Markets (ELMA) group of Center for Electric Power and Energy (CEE), Department of Electrical Engineering (DTU Elektro), Technical University of Denmark (DTU). Click here to see my official DTU webpage!
My research in a nutshell:
My current research focus includes power systems, electricity markets, and applications of mathematical tools (such as optimization, equilibrium and complementarity problems, uncertainty modeling techniques, and decomposition methods) to answer economic questions about energy systems. In particular, I am interested in research works related to energy market design, renewable energy integration, operations, planning, integrated energy systems and so on.
- May 18, 2018: I gave a talk at The Alan Turing Institute, London, UK, on "Virtual bidding and self-scheduling in two-settlement electricity markets with wind generation". (slides)
- May 10, 2018: Lesia Mitridati gave a talk on "Coordination of heat and electricity systems via market-based mechanisms " at the School of Mathematics, University of Edinburgh, UK. Her slides are available here. Lesia will give an updated version of this work at ISMP in July 2018.
- May 10, 2018: Anna Schwele gave a talk on "Virtual bidders and self-schedulers in electricity and natural gas markets" at the School of Mathematics, University of Edinburgh, UK. Her slides are available here. Anna will give an updated version of this work at ISMP in July 2018.
- Apr. 30, 2018: I will be an invited visiting scholar at the School of Mathematics, Operational Research and Optimization Group, University of Edinburgh, UK, from April 30 to June 2, 2018 (five weeks).
- Apr. 20, 2018: I will be giving a talk at the Department of Mathematical Sciences, University of Copenhagen on "A stochastic market design with revenue adequacy and cost recovery by scenario: Benefits and costs". [abstract | paper] The same talk will be given on the 1st of May at the School of Mathematics, University of Edinburgh, UK.
- Feb. 26, 2018: Corey Kok joined us as a Postdoctoral Fellow. We will be working together on market design for demand response resources and integrated energy systems. Before joining the ELMA group, Corey was a PhD student at The University of Auckland, New Zealand.
- Feb. 5, 2018: After the two successful summer schools in 2016 and 2017, The ELMA Group is pleased to invite PhD and MSc students, postdocs and researchers in industry to the 3rd DTU CEE Summer School 2018, which will focus on “Modern Optimization in Energy Systems”. The venue will be DTU Lyngby campus from June 25 to 29, 2018. The registration deadline is March 18, 2018. Read more about the event here.
- Jan. 30, 2018: Our paper L. Bobo, S. Delikaraoglou, N. Vespermann, J. Kazempour, and P. Pinson, "Offering strategy of a flexibility aggregator in a balancing market using asymmetric block offers" will be presented in the 20th Power Systems Computation Conference (PSCC), June 2018. [paper]
- Jan. 23, 2018: All lecture slides for course "Large-scale optimization problems in energy systems: Applications of decomposition techniques" were uploaded here.
- Jan. 10, 2018: Dimitrios Thomas, PhD student at the University of Mons (Belgium), started his 3-month visiting stay at DTU. We will be working together on sharing storage in smart grids.
- Jan. 1, 2018: Accepted! Our paper J. Kazempour, P. Pinson, and B. F. Hobbs, "A stochastic market design with revenue adequacy and cost recovery by scenario: Benefits and costs," has been accepted to IEEE Transactions on Power Systems. [link]
- News in 2017