Do stuff that makes you happy!
JJDict - a Java based Japanese-English Dictionary based on Jim Breen's JDICT dictionary
- JJReader - a Japanese text displayer with dictionary lookup
- Java 3D for Windows NT - Java utilities for 3D graphics on Windows NT
- JavaGameboy - a Java Nintendo GameBoy emulator
HLSL Shader Compiler Update for Xbox 360 and Windows - part of the Gamefest 2006 Graphics Track
- Letters from Silicon Valley - I wrote a monthly column for the Japanese magazine ASCII DOS/V.
- Mac to PC - Switching from a Macintosh to a PC. From 1995. Pretty out of date by now.
- History of the Palevich Family Name - About my branch of the Palevich family.
- Reading Japanese Text on the Web - How to display Japanese character in your Web browser.
- Notes on Japanese Culture - for the San Francisco Bay Area
- Taiho Sichau Zo! - The You're Under Arrest manga fan site.
- GrammerJack - My programming blog
- The current blogspot version of the Grammerjack blog.
- The original MSN Live version of the Grammerjack blog.
- Father John - My family blog
- I work at Google on mobile phone software.
- Before that, I worked at Microsoft on Xbox game libraries.
- Before that, I worked at WebTV, on games for set-top-boxes.
- Before that, I worked at Netscape on the Communicator Composer HTML editor.
- Before that, I used to work at Taligent, Inc. There's a neat Taligent Alumni Page.
- I've also worked at Apple, Hewlett-Packard, Atari, and the NIST.
- I went to MIT. My dormitory was New House II. My undergraduate thesis, Thesis of Terror, was published as the 8-bit Atari game Dandy, and served as the basis for the arcade game Gauntlet. It's a four-player top-down dungeon exploration game. There is a program called MAME that lets you play Gauntlet and many other old arcade games.
- I was born in Berlin, Germany, and have lived in Poland, Laos , Greece , Massachusetts, and Maryland.
- I currently live in Seattle, Washington.
- My home e-mail address is jack dot palevich at gmail dot com.