The Conference is being held at the College Lane Campus, University of Hertfordshire. The University of Hertfordshire at Hatfield is situated 3 miles north of the London orbital (M25) at junction 3 of the A1(M) and is easily accessible by road, rail (Hatfield or Stevenage stations) and air (Luton, Stanstead, Heathrow, Gatwick).
The University is in Hatfield, Hertfordshire, which is 25 minutes by train from central London. The nearest train station is Hatfield (direct route from King’s Cross Station). The University is a short taxi journey or bus ride from Hatfield railway station. You can view train times and fares on the National Rail website.
In the following, possible arrival routes by public transport are explained. If you use your own car, please refer to the maps.
If you are travelling to the University from outside the UK (or by air within the UK), there is some useful information here.
There are also bus services available from all the major London airports to the University
Airport bus services
- Heathrow Airport (21 miles or 34km away) Arriva 724 service
- Luton Airport (18 miles or 29km away) National Express JL737 Service
- Stansted Airport (20 miles or 32km away) National Express JL737 Service
- Gatwick Airport (40 miles or 64km away) National Express JL737 Service
To plan your bus journey, use these sites:
Taking a Taxi
You may prefer to take a taxi to the University. If you do this please make sure:
- You get a cab from the official taxi rank at the airport or book in advance
- You have the University’s address clearly written on a piece of paper
- You have cash to cover the cost of the journey (between £50 and £135 dependent on your arrival airport)
If you would like to pre-book your taxi, Welwyn Private Hire is a company local to the University
You must book your taxi 72 hours before departure. Tell them your:
- Full name, date of birth
- Arrival date and time
- Flight number
- UK airport and terminal
- Mobile phone number
Your driver will wait for you by the information desk in arrivals holding a University of Hertfordshire sign with your name on (in English). You can pre-pay for your taxi online or pay the driver in cash.
Book your taxi:
Welwyn Private Hire
tel + 44 (0)1438 716748
Travel by train to Hatfield from all the major cities in the UK and from the London airports is fairly straightforward. The National Rail website here allows you to see what trains are available and to book them.
If you arrive at St Pancreas International Station you should follow the signs and cross over the road to Kings Cross Station and take a direct train to Hatfield (approx 25 mins). From outside Hatfield station you can take a bus to the University campus. Alternatively, you can take a Bedford train from St Pancreas to St Albans City Station (16 mins) and then take a bus from there (300, 301, 601, 602) to the University at Hatfield De Havilland Campus (15 mins).
Other Trains (from London)
Take the underground to Finsbury Park. From there, take the train to Hatfield Station.
Click on the name of the hotel for booking and further details:
On Campus Accommodation
There is a number of students' accommodation available at discounted price for conference attendees. If you are interested please contact the organiser (firstname.lastname@example.org) for pricing and booking,
Hotels on Campus
- Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel 3-star hotel. Roehyde Way, Hertfordshire, AL10 9AF, UK
Hotels in Hatfield
- Beales Hotel 4-star hotel. Comet Way, Hatfield, Hertfordshire, AL10 9NG, UK
- Ramada Hatfield Hotel 3-star hotel. St Albans Road West, Hatfield, Hertfordshire, AL109RH, UK
- Premier Inn Hatfield 3-star hotel. Comet Way, Lemsford Road, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL10 0DA, UK
Alternative accommodation can be found in the historic cathedral town of St Albans. The Tourist and Information Centre of St Albans can be reached by phone: 01727 864511. There are regular buses from St Albans to the University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield Campus (number 601, 602, 301, 300 and others). Both Arriva and the University bus company, Uno Bus provide services. The journey takes 20 minutes by bus and 10 minutes by car.
Hotels in St Albans
- Premier Inn St Albans 3-star hotel.1 Adelaide Street, St Albans, Hertfordshire, AL3 5BH, UK
- Clarion Collection Hotel, Clarion hotel near the Abbey (good location) 4-star. Ryder House, Holywell Hill, St Albans, Hertfordshire AL1 1HG
- White Hart Hotel, Haunted Olde Inn. 23-25 Holywell Hill, St. Albans, AL1 1EZ
- St Michael’s Manor, upmarket in own grounds near river. Fishpool Street, St Albans, AL3 4RY
- The Lower Red Lion (Inn). 36 Fishpool Street, St Albans, Hertfordshire AL3 4RX
Bed and Breakfast bookings and online search: