- I. Aravena and A. Papavasilou. Asynchronous Lagrangian Scenario Decomposition. Mathematical Programming Computation, forthcoming, 2020.
- G. Patsakis, D. Rajan, I. Aravena and S.S. Oren. Strong Mixed-Integer Formulations for Power System Islanding and Restoration. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 4880-4888, November 2019.
- G. Patsakis, D. Rajan, I. Aravena, J. Rios and S.S. Oren. Optimal black start allocation for power system restoration. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 6766-6776, May 2018.
- I. Aravena and A. Papavasiliou. Renewable energy integration in zonal markets. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 1334-1349, March 2017.
- E. Gil, I. Aravena, and R. Cardenas. Generation capacity expansion planning under hydro uncertainty using stochastic mixed integer programming and scenario reduction. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 1838-1847, July 2015.
- I. Aravena and E. Gil. Hydrological scenario reduction for stochastic optimization in hydrothermal power systems. Applied Stochastic Models in Business and Industry, no. 31, pp. 231-240, 2015.
- E. Gil and I. Aravena. Evaluating the capacity value of wind power considering transmission and operational constraints. Energy Conversion and Management, no. 78, pp. 948–955, 2014.
- I. Aravena, A. Papavasiliou and A. Papalexopoulos. A distributed computing architecture for the large-scale integration of renewable energy and distributed resources in smart grids. In Wen-Jyi Hwang (Eds.), Recent Progress in Parallel and Distributed Computing, pp. 21-44, IntechOpen, Rijeka, Croatia, 2017.