Wow! You genuinely came to this page. Our lawyers made us include it and made us use a precious link on our home page to get you here. In the beginning, we thought the lawyers were a real pain. But then we read the page. What a Netwakening! It is actually important stuff. We took the legalese the lawyers wrote and translated it into readable English. So be a clever nethead and read the stuff on this page. It could prevent you from hearing from our lawyers, or even worse, from really awful people, like prosecutors.
Here is the deal:
We run this site so that individuals like you (and people you like) can use it for personal entertainment, details, education, conversation, and cyber gratification. So proceed and look around all you like. You can also download stuff from the site but only for non-commercial, personal use. If you do, though, do not fool around with the copyright and different notices all around the stuff. They're there for a really good reason. And do not even think about distributing, modifying, transmitting, reusing, re-posting, or anything else uncool with any of the stuff, including the written text, images, audio, and video, for public or commercial purposes unless we give you written permission. And it's not likely we'll.
If you visit our site, you are also legally obligated to read: stuck with the terms and conditions listed below and any other law or regulation that refers to the site, the web, the World Wide Web, or Los Angeles, CA. You should not access or browse the site if you have any trouble with that because once you begin, there is no reversing; you are bound by reading: stuck with the terms and conditions.
So here is the scoop on our Top Ten Rules for Cybersurfers who hang out on our site:
1. For the sake of everybody, just assume that everything on the site is copyrighted unless we say it's not. So you can't use the stuff except how we say you can on this page or any place else on the site without our written permission. And like we said before, it's not likely we will give you permission anyway. In fact, even though we wanted to, the lawyers are likely to veto any deal anyway. So it is better you don't even ask.
2. While we try to include accurate stuff on the site, we are not promising you it is correct. As a matter of fact, we are not promising you anything except fun and entertainment. So if you use stuff on the site, you are using it at your own risk. Do not call us if there is an issue because we assume no liability or responsibility for errors or omissions on the site.
3. We and anybody else who helped us create, produce, or deliver the site are not chargeable for any damages you suffer when you use it. In particular, the lawyers want you to know that our disclaimer includes Direct, Incidental, Consequential, Indirect, or Punitive Damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the site. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the site is supplied to you AS IS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON INFRINGEMENT.
Please be aware that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so a few of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties. What a mouthful from the mouthpieces. We invest of that in quotes because we couldn't figure out any other way to say it that the lawyers would accept. But here is the reality – we're not sufficiently responsible if you are browsing around and the site damages you or your PC or infects it with any nasty viruses. We sure hope that doesn't occur, but if it does, do not call us.
4. If you do not want the world to know something, do not post in on the site in any bulletin board or anyplace else. That is because anything you disclose to us is ours. That is right – ours. So we can do anything we want with the stuff you post. We can reproduce it, disclose it, transmit it, publish it, broadcast it, and post it someplace else. We can also send it to your mom ( as soon as we come across her address). Not only that, we can even use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or methods you post any way we would like to, including, developing, manufacturing and marketing products or other stuff using the info you post.
5. Pictures of people or places shown on the site are either our property or the property of someone else we are using with their permission. No matter what, it is unquestionably not your property. You or any of your net friends cannot use it unless we said you could on this page or a different place on the site. And guess what – we'll not say yes. So be cautious, Bunky, because unauthorized use may violate all sorts of nasty laws. Be smart, keep the stuff you download to yourself.
6. There are likewise a lot of trademarks, logos, and service marks on the site that either we own or we are employing with the permission of someone different. So don't think you have any sort of license or get right of entry to them, because you do not and we are not about to present you one. If you do not leave them alone and mess with our trademarks, logos and service marks on our site, we'll probably go ballistic, so will the companies that own the other trademarks, logos, and service marks. That means that we are likely to sue you or to ask a prosecutor to come after you for playing with our property or the property of others.
7. You will likely notice we've linked our site to lots of others. While that is cool, it does not mean we've gazed at all those sites, far less checked them out periodically to see what is going on. So don't blame us if some site you link to is bad or has stuff on it that offends you or your pets. Proceed and link, but don't forget, you are performing it at your risk.
8. That brings us to what you do on our own site. While we often times pay attention to chat groups, or look at the posting in our discussion groups or on our bulletin panels, we take no responsibility and assume no liability for the content of those locations or for any mistakes, defamation, libel, slander, omissions, falsehoods, obscenity, pornography, or profanity you may encounter when you visit such places on our site. And do not be stupid by posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, nasty, mean, or profane material or any material that law enforcement types may think about a criminal offense, get someone in court on a civil lawsuit, or so far as that is concerned violate any law – anywhere, anytime. While we certainly respect your privacy, we have no choice but to totally cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court which might ask us who might have posted nasty stuff on our site.
9. Software that we employ on this Site is safeguarded by all types of patriotic U.S. laws. Because of that, you can't download or send the software to anyone in the vacation travel spots of Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, or any other country where the United States has embargoed goods; or (get this) to anyone on the United States Treasury Department list of Specially Designated Nationals, the U.S. Commerce Department Table of Deny Orders, or the FBI Most Wanted Internet Creeps List (just kidding on the last one). As if that were not tough enough, if you live in or are a national of any of those lovely places, you are not even meant to be reading this page, so beat it!
10. We are also allowed to change this page and anything else on the site any time we would like to. That is because it is ours and we have the programmers who can do it. If we do change the page, then you are bound by reading: stuck with those changes, too, whenever you visit our site.
11. If of us would like to make something of it and wants to sue (a dirty word) then we've to follow these rules of engagement. (the type of as reported by the Geneva Convention):
This Agreement is governed by the laws of the State of California, without regard to principles of conflict of laws.
To the extent you have in any manner violated or threatened to violate Howtobuildaboattargatop.com and Sites.google.com/site/howtobuildaboattargatop/ and/or its affiliates intellectual property rights, Howtobuildaboattargatop.com and Sites.google.com/site/howtobuildaboattargatop/ and/or its affiliates may seek injunctive or other suitable relief in any state or federal court in the State of California, and you consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in such courts.
Any other disputes will be resolved as follows:
If a dispute arises under this agreement, we say yes to first try to resolve it with the assistance of a mutually approved mediator in the following location: California. Any costs and fees apart from attorney fees related to the mediation will be shared equally by each of us.
If it proves impossible to arrive at a mutually satisfactory solution through mediation, we concur with submit the dispute to binding arbitration at the following location: California, under the rules of the American Arbitration Association. Judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitration might be entered in any court with jurisdiction to do so.
If this all sounds sort of mean and undiplomatic, you should have seen what the lawyers gave to us, to begin with. We had to prompt them that human torture and sacrifice was outlawed in the United States. Boy, did they look disappointed!
Tuesday 20th, September 2008