For undergraduate, graduate, PhD students, Post-doctoral fellows:
For undergraduate/graduate students: If you're interested in my research topics (mainly spatial statistics) and would like to work under my supervision, do not hesitate to get in touch with me. I ask you to provide a motivation letter, a cv, eventually academic transcript,...and will let you know if positions/fundings (have a look at the Faculté des Sciences webpage, nicely documented).
- For Master students intending to undertake a PhD, with an outstanding CV and academic transcript, there may be an open position on "Monte-Carlo integration and spatial point processes" or other topics related to spatial point processes. Do not hesitate to get in touch with me.
Very short CV
Education and main facts
- Aug. 2016- Professor, Department of Mathematics, Université du Québec à Montréal, Canada.
- Feb. 2012-Jul. 2012 Visiting Professor at the Department of Mathematical Sciences, Aalborg University, Denmark.
- Nov. 2010: Habilitation Thesis, Grenoble University, France. [link]
- Sep. 2009-Aug. 2011: On secondment at the GIPSA-lab.
- Sep. 2001-Aug. 2009, Sep. 2011-July 2016 : Associate Professor at University Pierre Mendès-France, Economics Department.
- Dec. 2000: Phd Thesis, University Joseph Fourier, Grenoble, France. [link]
- I. Spatial statistics and point processes: parametric inference of point processes models (Gibss, Cox, Determinantal), limit theorems, goodness-of-fit tests. Application in computer science, forestry, neurosciences.
- II. Applied statistics: Variables selection, dimension reduction, discrimination and information theory (Application in biology.); Survival analysis, multi-states models (Application to public health modelling of the nosocomial pneumonia in intensive care units); Teaching statistics, around the use of an asymptotic approach to construct confidence intervals and standard parametric hypothesis testing.
- III. Statistics for circular and spherical data : parametric estimation, simulation. Application to the spatio-temporal modelling of sunspots and change-point analysis for angular time series characterizing inter-limb coordination of ice-climbers.
- IV. Fractional processes: regularity analysis, long-memory and self-similarity exponents estimation, univariate and multivariate processes. Application to the fractal exponents estimation of time series obtained by Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging, construction of connectivity networks.
Recent organized events
- SGSIA Conference, June 2019, Sandbjerg, Denmark. Member of the scientific committee. [more information here]
- Conférence R à Québec, 2019. Member of the organizing committee. [more information here]
- Séminaire STATQAM de Statistique à l'UQAM, 10/2017-... Main organizer. [more information here]
- Conference R at Montreal, July 4-6, 2018. [more information here]
- Workshop on spatial point processes, Montreal, June, 22nd 2017. [more information here]
- 19th workshop on Stochastic Geometry, Stereology and Image Analysis (SGSIA) May 15 - 19, 2017, CIRM Luminy, France. [more information here].
- Journéees MAS - 29-31 Aug. 2016. Head of the organizing committee. [more information here].
- Quatrièmes rencontres R - 24-26 Juin 2015. Member of the organizing committee. [more information here].
- Rencontre Laboratoire Jean Kuntzmann - Faculté d'Economie, 15 Janvier 2015. Main organizer. [more information here].
- Rencontre GLyS Grenoble-Lyon de Statistique, 14 June 2014. Co-organized with A.-L. Fougères [more information here].
- Symposium on Stein's method and Malliavin's calculus on the Poisson space, 24 June 2014. Co-organized with M. Clausel and J. Lelong [more information here]
- Workshop on Stochastic Geometry and its applications, April 3-5, 2013. Head of the organizing committee. [more information here]
- NSERC individual grant (+accelerator grant, 2017-2020) for the project High-dimensional problems for spatial point processes (2017-2022).
- Co-principal investigator (with A Guerin-Dugué) of the Labex Persyval Team Oculo-Nimbus (2015-2018). The objectives are to propose new statistical models and techniques for modelling eye-movement data. Partners are Gipsa-lab and LPNC.
- Member of the ANR Project DynaMo (2014-2018) mainly with L. Seifert and R. Hérault. This project is a multi-disciplinary project which is concerned with the analysis of human movement to explore behavioural adaptability as a determinant property of expertise. In this project I'll be working on the multiple-change point analysis of multivariate circular time series.
- Principal investigator of the MSTIC project SpaComp (2012-2014, Processus ponctuels Spatiaux pour la modélisation stochastique et la simulation de phénomènes Complexes) dealing with the use of stochastic point processes to model and simulate complex phenomena.
- Co-applicant of the French-Danish scientific cooperation grant (funded by the Institut Francais du Danemark). Modelling and inference of spatial point processes (2012-2013,2013-2014).
- Principal investigator of the UPMF Project Stein method for spatial point processes (2013-2014) with M. Clausel and J. Lelong. This project aims at exploring the Stein method, the Malliavin calculus to propose new statistical insights when modelling, infering or testing the adequacy of spatial point processes (Poisson, Cox, Gibbs,...).
- Member of the ANR InfoNetComaBrain (2010-2013, principal investigator: S. Achard). Principal investigator of the axis Modelling and inference of multivariate fractional processes.
- Principal investigator of the IXXI Project Sunspots (2010-2012) dealing with the spatio-temporal modelling of sunspots.
- Figal Team, LJK, Grenoble, France: Jean-Michel Billiot, Rémy Drouilhet, Nadia Morsli.
- IPS Team, LJK, Grenoble, France: Jacques Istas.
- Gipsa-lab, Grenoble, France: Pierre-Olivier Amblard, Sophie Achard, Nicolas Le Bihan.
- Nantes University, France: Frédéric Lavancier, Anne Philippe.
- Rennes University, France: Jean-Christophe Breton.
- Lille University, France: David Dereudre.
- Bordeaux University, France: B. Liquet.
- Université de Montréal, Canada: Pierre Lafaye de Micheaux.
- Georgia Institute of Technology, USA: Brani Vidakovic.
- Hanyang University, South Korea: Kichun Sky Lee.
- Aalborg University, Denmark: Jesper Møller, Ege Rubak, Rasmus Waagepetersen.
- CSIRO Mathematics, Informatics and Statistics, Perth, Australia: Adrian Baddeley.
- University School of Business of Miami, USA: Yongtao Guan.
- Souse University, Tunisia: Hedi Kortas.
- Laboratoire Interuniversitaire de Psychologie, UPMF, Grenoble, France: Aurélie Derbier, Caroline Gimenez.
- ARTIS Team, LJK, Grenoble, France: Joelle Thollot, Thomas Hurtut.
- Department of Sports sciences, Rouen University, France: Ludovic Seifert, Lé Wattebled.
- INSA Rouen, France: Romain Hérault.
- INSERM, Grenoble, France: J.-F. Timsit, Molière Nguile Makao.
- EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland: Jonas Ricchiardi.
- School of Human Movement Studies, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia: Keith Davids.