Papers at SSRN: http://ssrn.com/author=246897
Value versus growth investing: Why do different investors have different styles?, with Stephan Siegel and Frank Yu, 2015, Forthcoming Journal of Financial Economics.
The origins of savings behavior, with Stephan Siegel,
2015, Journal of Political Economy 123, 123-169.
The genetics of investment biases, with Stephan Siegel,
2014, Journal of Financial Economics 113, 215-234.
Outstanding Paper Award, National Taiwan University International Conference on Finance, 2012.
Genetics, homeownership, and home location choice, with Florian Münkel and Stephan Siegel, 2014, Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics 48, 79-111.
* Best Paper Award in category "Innovative Thinking -- Thinking Out of the Box," American Real Estate Society (award sponsored by the Maury Seldin Advanced Studies Institute), 2012.
CEO contract design: How do strong principals do it?, with Rüdiger Fahlenbrach, 2013, Journal of Financial Economics 108, 659-674.
Behavioral consistency in corporate finance: CEO personal and corporate leverage, with Anil K. Makhija and Scott E. Yonker, 2012, Journal of Financial Economics 103, 20-40.
* Best Paper Award, Mitsui Finance Symposium, University of Michigan, Stephen M. Ross School of Business, 2010.
Estimating the effects of large shareholders using a geographic instrument, with Bo Becker and Rüdiger Fahlenbrach, 2011, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis 46, 907-942. (Lead article.)
Nature or nurture: What determines investor behavior?, with Amir Barnea and Stephan Siegel, 2010, Journal of Financial Economics, 98, 583-604.
* Best Paper in category "Investments," Financial Management Association's Annual Meeting, 2010.
* Yihong Xia Best Paper Award, China International Conference in Finance, 2010.
* Best Paper Award, The Rothschild Caesarea Center Annual Conference on "Recent Advances in Financial Economics Research,'' The Arison School of Business, Interdisciplinary Center (IDC) Herzliya, Israel, 2010.
Large shareholders and corporate policies, with Rüdiger Fahlenbrach, 2009, Review of Financial Studies 22, 3941-3976.
Do entrenched managers pay their workers more?, with Fredrik Heyman, Mattias Nilsson, Helena Svaleryd, and Jonas Vlachos, 2009, Journal of Finance 64, 309-339.
* Best Paper Award, Financial Management Association (European meeting), 2006.
* Research Award, Family Owned Business Institute, Grand Valley State University, 2005.
The choice between rights offerings and private equity placements, with Mattias Nilsson, 2005, Journal of Financial Economics 78, 375-407.
Design choices in privatized social-security systems: Learning from the Swedish experience, with Richard H. Thaler, 2004, American Economic Review 94, 424-428.
Agency costs of controlling minority shareholders, with Mattias Nilsson, 2003, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis 38, 695-719. (Lead article.)
Why agency costs explain diversification discounts, with Peter Högfeldt and Mattias Nilsson, 2001, Real Estate Economics 29, 85-126.
Salient experience of environmental disaster explains social responsibility attitudes later in life, with Meir Statman and Frank Yu, 2015.
Languages and corporate cash holdings: International evidence, with Shimin Chen, Serene Ni, and Frank Zhang, 2015.
Corporate governance and the creation of the SEC, with Arevik Avedian and Marc D. Weidenmier, 2015.
The fetal origins hypothesis in finance: Prenatal environment and investor behavior, with Alessandro Previtero,
Stephan Siegel, and Roderick E. White, 2015.
Electronic versions of published papers are provided as a professional courtesy to ensure timely dissemination of the research for individual non-commercial purposes. Copyright, and all other rights therein, reside with the respective copyright holders, as stated within each paper. These files may not be reposted without permission.