Welcome to Hale Cook PTA.
Hale Cook is a neighborhood Pre-K through 6th grade neighborhood school in the KCPS School District in the heart of Waldo at 73rd and Pennsylvania. Hale Cook strives to to equip students to be resourceful, critical thinkers who are make a positive change in their community.
Our school's PTA serves to support students, teachers, staff and families of the Hale Cook community. The Hale Cook PTA started in the 2015-2016 school year, and actively organizes school events, supports classroom teachers and LINC program/staff, helps our principal, works with the community and KCPS.
If you have any questions or would like to become involved with the Hale Cook PTA, email HaleCookPTA@gmail.com.
Hale Cook PTA Traditions and Accomplishments
Hale Cook is a wonderful place to get involved! In the past few years, thanks to parent/teacher/community support, PTA has hosted events for family engagement as well as fundraising. These include:
- Fall and Spring picnics for families to meet, eat and play
- Improvements to the school playground, including sunshades and swings
- The first-ever Picnic in January Trivia Night raised $8,700 to be used for a school-wide Spanish-language program
- Together with other southside public elementary schools, we march in the Annual Brookside St. Patrick's Day Warm-Up Parade
- Math and Reading Night in Spring 2019 thanks to support from Community Sponsor First Federal Bank
- Dine-out days, which help fund PTA programs while giving families a chance to gather and eat
- Hale Cook PTA provides a free t-shirt to each incoming Kindergarten student
- A pre-worn uniform sale each year