NB: YOU ARE NOT TO COPY AND PASTE ANYTHING FROM THIS PAGE AS THIS WILL RESULT IN ZERO MARKS ON YOUR SBA.
Purpose of Study (as a question): What are the features of two sections of the Rivulet River, Gran Couva, what processes have led to the formation of these features and which stage of the river do these features belong to?
1. To identify specific rivers features found along two sections of the Rivulet River, Gran Couva.
2. To gather quantitative data on velocity, bed load size, channel width and depth of the water in both sections of the river under investigation.
3. To use the data collected to identify/determine the stage of each section of the river study.
4. To explain the processes involved in the formation of the features observed.
Location of study:
For the Location of study, you are to have THREE well drawn, well labelled maps.
1. Map of Trinidad showing location of study: this is a map of Trinidad with Key, Title, North sign, Scale. You are to HIGHLIGHT the area of study i.e. put a red dot (or whichever outstanding colour you have) on the area of study. Also show the water bodies around Trinidad, the three Ranges, Port of Spain and San Fernando.
2. Street map showing roads leading to the Rivulet River (see at the base of the page as downloadable file)
3. Map of Section of the River studied (see at the base of the page as downloadable file)
NB: ALL MAPS ARE TO BE HANDDRAWN NOT PRINTED ON A COMPUTER!!
All maps are NOT DRAWN TO SCALE.
PLEASE WRITE THE METHODOLOGY IN YOUR OWN WORDS!!!
- Define Primary Data and Secondary Data
- River Velocity, Bedload Size, Channel depth and Width, Field sketches
- Equipment used to collect data: camera, pen, paper, stopwatch, measuring tape, rope, ranging rod, windball
Date: Thursday 9th October, 2014.
Time: 9 a.m. to 12 noon
Three sections of the Rivulet River, Gran Couva.
Presentation of Data
SEE DOWNLOAD AVAILABLE
Analysis and Discussion
Restate the aim of study as a sentence.
For this segment, DO NOT REPORT. You are to identify the features and explain how they were formed.
The features that were found indicate the course of the river. In your analysis and discussion, using the features found, state which course is indicated.
Features found were:
2. River Cliff
3. Slip-off Slope
This indicates the middle course
Other features found:
3. Waterfall and Plunge Pool
This indicates the upper course
You are also to apply data found to the analysis and discussion.
Please refer to diagrams from the Presentation of Data.
NB: STUDENTS ARE TO WRITE UP THE ANALYSIS AND DISCUSSION IN THEIR OWN WORDS. ANY COPYING WILL RESULT IN ZERO. PLEASE DO NOT COPY AND PASTE FROM ANY WEB SITE, ALL WRITING SHOULD BE YOUR OWN!
Restate the aim of study
Summarize the findings of the SBA.
1. Bleasdell, Sheldon et al. CSEC New Integrated Geography Caribbean Educational Publishers 2008
2. Phillips Certificate Atlas for the Caribbean The Royal Geographical Society 2011
3. Rahil, Vohn A.M. Complete Geography Course for CSEC Caribbean Educational Publishers 2010
4. Wilson, Mark The Caribbean Environment Fourth Edition Oxford University Press 2012