Your library needs friends! Be a friend!
Friends offer support to the library by…
Yes, I would like to help!
- Provide food for bake sales
- Volunteer at events
- Manage book sales
- Donate bottles and cans
- Become a Board Member
- Share your special skills
Who are The Friends?
- We are townspeople who care about our library.
- We are interested in promoting our library by improving its services,
- resources, and its role in the community.
- We foster greater use of our library and its services.
Friends Make a Difference!
- Last year Shutesbury Library users borrowed 27,947 items from the M.N. Spear Memorial Library.
- With assistance from the Friends, the Library offered 109 programs, with something for
- The library maintains a collection of more than 12,000 items including books,
audiobooks, and DVDs.
- Membership in the Massachusetts Library System enables Shutesbury residents to
access online databases with thousands of articles, videos, and other media.
- Visit our website and click on the Reference Desk tab.
- Our CW/MARS membership provides access to the much larger collections of more than 150 member libraries in Central and Western Massachusetts and access to a digital collection of e-books, audiobooks and videos.
Thanks to all who have donated to the New Shutesbury Library!
Monday and Wednesday 11-1 and 3-6, Tuesday and Thursday 3-7:30
Friday 3-6, Saturday 10-1, Sunday 3-6