Team members occasionally participate in local or regional meets, or open water swims. There are also several local triathlons. These events can encourage us to set goals, socialize, and compete while bonding as a team. The meets and other events vary in size, scope, and location. Some typical events include:
Open Water Season:
- Two Bridges Swim Under the Walkway: https://www.nyopenwater.org/2-bridges-swim-under-the-walkway/ An early season 2.5K/5K on a fun, challenging and scenic course in the Hudson River
- 8 Bridges Hudson River Swim: https://www.nyopenwater.org/8-bridges-hudson-river-swim/ The longest marathon swim in the world, an epic swimming odyssey that celebrates the might Hudson and New York Harbor.
- Annual Betsy Owens and Terry McLaughlin Memorial Swim: http://www.betsyowensswim.com/ A super-wonderful cable swim in Lake Placid, either 1 mile or 2 miles.
- Lake George Open Water Swim: http://www.lakegeorgeswim.com/ 2.5K, 5K, and 10K distances are available!
- Annual Great Newburgh to Beach Hudson River Swim: https://www.riverpool.org/ 1 mile river crossing to benefit the River Pool at Beacon, a vision of the legendary Pete Seeger
Indoor Meets vary each season, but some links for reference:
- Adirondack District USMS Meets: http://adms.org/meets
- New England Local USMS Home: https://www.nelmsc.org/
- Metro (NY, LI, Lower HV) Swimming USMS Events: https://metroswim.org/events/
- Connecticut Masters Swimming Home: http://www.ctlmsc.org/
Need a copy of your card for a meet? Download it here.