We can provide transportation to those who wish to attend but do not have the means or are unable to drive to services of church activities. Please contact the church office for more information.
At Otterbein, we understand that in the times in which we live, it is imperative to have professional trained individuals.These persons have passed criminal background checks and also taken courses in handling children and adults in and outside of the church. We are here to assist you with your daily walk with Jesus in a safe and comfortable environment.
During worship our Lay Leader has children's time, where a message is shared with the children and youth in the congregation then if the younger children would like them may choose to go off to children's church where they spend time learning about the stories of the Bible.
Clothing Ministry (Evelyn's Closet)
This is a joint venture between Otterbein and Scotland United Methodist Churches to provide clothing to those in need. The ministry is held on the fourth Saturday of the month (Jan. - Oct.) and the second Saturday of the month (Nov. - Dec.) from 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. A free breakfast is provided for those who come. If you are in need or would like to donate please call the church office.
Food Pantry Collection
Parishioners give to the monthly collection which is then donated to the local food pantry. The food pantry offering takes place the first Sunday of each month during the worship service. It can be in the form of dry goods or there are special envelopes that you place in the with the regular offering.
Monthly blood pressure checks to provide members of the community with health related information.
- Worldwide Communion - First Sunday of October
- All Saints Day - First Sunday of November
- Two Christmas Eve Services (one at Otterbein and the second at Scotland UMC)
- Lenten Services (Community and Lenten series on Sundays)
- Holy Week (Holy Thursday, Friday, Saturday)
- Holy Communion offered every first Sunday of the month as well as special events
- Other Special Sunday (Pentecost, Trinity, Baptism of the Lord, etc.)