I am a postdoctoral researcher in the Department of Computer & Information Science, University of Pennsylvania, working with Prof. Insup Lee. I completed my Ph.D. in Computer Science at McGill University and my advisor was Prof. Xue Liu. My research studies security, sustainability and timing aspects for computer networks and computer systems. My research interests span the areas of cyber-physical systems and Internet of Things, cloud computing and edge computing, and smart grid and energy systems. I develop and apply techniques from game theory, distributed computing, machine learning, data analysis, deterministic and stochastic optimization, and approximate and online algorithm design for these areas.
- Top: Fanxin Kong passed his Ph.D. thesis defense and becomes Dr. Kong! Congratulations to him! [2016. 11]
- Top: Fanxin Kong is the first person who managed to get multiple first-authored ICCPS papers in a single year! ICCPS is the premier venue for cyber-physical system research. Congratulations to him! [2016. 03]
- [2017. 03], Paper: "A Hierarchical Data Transmission Framework for Industrial Wireless Sensor and Actuator Networks", accepted by IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics (TII)!
- [2017. 02], Paper: "Reliability and Temporality Optimization for Multiple Coexisting WirelessHART Networks in Industrial Environments", accepted by IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics (TIE)!
- [2017. 02], Service: Fanxin Kong was invited to serve on the technical program committee of ICESS 2017.
- [2016. 12], Service: Fanxin Kong was invited to serve on the technical program committee of SMARTCOMP 2017.
- [2016. 12], Service: Fanxin Kong was invited to serve on the program committee of EV-Sys 2017.
- [2016. 11], Defense: Fanxin Kong passed the Ph.D. thesis defense and becomes Dr. Kong! Big congratulations!
- [2016. 11], Award: Student Travel Grant of IEEE Real-Time Systems Symposium (RTSS), 2016!
- [2016. 10], Invited talk: "Real-time, Reliable and Sustainable Cyber-Physical Systems", PRECISE Center, University of Pennsylvania, 2016.
- [2016. 10], Internship: Started Internship at TandemLauch Inc, Project: "Home-level WiFi-based Detection", 2016.
- [2016. 07], Paper: "On-Line Event-Driven Scheduling for Electric Vehicle Charging via Park-and-Charge", accepted by IEEE Real-Time Systems Symposium (RTSS), 2016!
- [2016. 03], Award: Student Travel Support of CPS Week, 2016!
- [2015. 12], Paper: Two papers get accepted by the ACM/IEEE International Conference on Cyber-Physical Systems (ICCPS), 2016! 1) "Smart Rate Control and Demand Balancing for Electric Vehicle Charging", 2) "GreenPlanning: Optimal Energy Source Selection and Capacity Planning for Green Datacenters". ICCPS is the premier venue for CPS research.
Revised on Mar. 20, 2017.