ISI (Ice Skating Institute)
ISI WebsiteThe Ice Skating Institute is an international industry trade association encompassing all aspects of the ice skating industry. Founded in 1959 as a nonprofit organization for owners, operators and developers of ice skating facilities, ISI also created America’s original learn-to-skate program, now known as weSKATE, and has introduced more than 5 million individuals to the wonderful world of ice skating.
- Encourages participation in ice skating as a recreational sport.
- Provides information for the development and construction of ice arenas.
- Produces trade and educational publications and literature.
- Holds an annual educational conference and trade show for arenas managers, skating directors, instructors, and skating industry manufacturers, suppliers and retailers.
- Provides ice skating programs for skaters of all ages and abilities.
- Hosts six national recreational skating competitions annually.
- Organizes consumer shows in conjunction with its recreational skating events.
Whether you're a beginning skater, skate for fun, teach figure skating or hockey, manage a skating school or skating club, or own or operate an ice arena, the Ice Skating Institute is your chief advocate and top source of leadership, education and services.