- A paper accepted at the International Conference
on Audio Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP 2014) about the
optimization of spatial filters for phase synchronization-based
classification of EEG signals (see section publications)
paper accepted at the "Work-in-Progress" section of the CHI 2014
conference on the use of EEG to assess the zone of comfort in
stereoscopic displays (see section publications)
paper accepted at the IEEE Virtual Reality (IEEE VR 2014) conference on
a new Augmented Reality-based visualization system for real-time EEG:
the Mind-Mirror! (see section publications)
- We were at the Physiological Computing System (PhyCS 2014) conference to present our work on BCI (see section publications) and to show a demo of our OpenViBE open-source BCI software
- We succesfully organized the IHM 2013 French speaking conference on Human Computer Interaction in Bordeaux!
- I was in Zaragoza, in Spain, for the PhD defence of Javier Mauricio Antelis, who worked on Motor information decoding from EEG signals. Congratulations!
- I was in at EPFL, in Lausanne, Switzerland, for the PhD defence of Mohit Kumar Goel, who worked on Inverse solutions for BCI. Congratulations!
- A paper accepted at eCAADe, with architect Pierre Cutellic, on our first experimentations with Neurodesign (see section publications)
- In California for the International BCI Meeting 2013, an Amazing venue for BCI researchers. We also organized a workshop there, and presented a poster (see section publications)
- Camille Jeunet and Leonard Pommereau defended they Master thesis with success, both of them finishing top of their class! Congratulations!
- I gave a popularization talk on BCI in la cité des sciences, in Paris, in the context of a conference on "Thinking without body"
- Together with François Nicaise (a BCI-based video game developper), we gave a demonstration and a popularization talk on BCI at Cap sciences, in Bordeaux, entitled "Le cerveau aux commandes".
- Nicoletta Caramia, A PhD student for the university of Pavia, in Italy, joined us for a scientific visit, to work on EEG signal processing
- Leonard Pommereau joined us to do his Master Thesis (1st year) on the analysis of stereoscopic display with EEG signals.
- We enjoyed the CHI conference in Paris!
- I was in Grenoble, in CEA, for the mid-thesis defence of Raphaelle Roy, who works on Cognitive State estimation from EEG signals.
paper accepted in IEEE Transactions on Computational Intelligence and
Artificial Intelligence in Games (IEEE T-CIAIG) about multiplayer
BCI-based gaming (see section publications)
- Kick-off meeting of the OpenViBE-NT project which aims at building the next generation OpenViBE platform!
- Jeremy Frey joined our group to do a PhD with me on passive BCI for the evaluation of 3D User Interfaces.
- Congratulations to Dr. Boris Reuderink for his freshly obtained PhD (whose PhD committee I had the chance to be part of) and innovative contributions!
- A paper accepted in the journal Neurocomputing, about new features (predictive complexity, multifractal cumulants) for motor imagery-based BCI. See section publications.
- I was at the first PhD defense of Dieter Devlaminck, from Ghent University, who made interesting machine learning contributions to BCI research (see, e.g., here, but there are more papers to come!).
- I attended the international BCI conference in Graz. As usual, it was a great conference!
- I am now a Research Scientist (with tenure) at INRIA Bordeaux Sud-Ouest, in the Iparla team, in France
- A paper accepted in SSCI 2011 CCMB - 2011 IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence, Cognitive Algorithms, Mind, and Brain, about band power feature extraction and motor-imagery based BCI (see section publications)
- I attended the ICPR conference last week, where I notably participated in the very interesting Brain Decoding Workshop. You can check the poster I presented at the conference and the corresponding paper, dealing with spatial regularization for the CSP algorithm.
- A paper accepted at the ICPR conference, on
Spatially Regularized CSP for BCI (see section Publications)
- I received the PhD thesis award accessit (2nd prize) from the ASTI (french
Association for Information Technologies and Sciences), in the
"Fundamental and transversal research" category. Follow this link for
details: ASTI PhD thesis award 2009 (website in French)
- I received the PhD thesis award 2009 from the AFRIF, the French branch of the International
Association for Pattern Recognition (IAPR).
Follow this link for details: AFRIF PhD thesis
award 2009 (website in French)