- Our demonstration about the new Teegi has been accepted at CHI 2017!
- Camille Jeunet successfully and brillantly defended her PhD, that she did with us, on human learning for BCI, congrats!! See the manuscript here.
- In Paris for a BCI-LIFT plenary meeting!
- In Tuebingen, Germany, to enjoy the visit of the Max Planck Institute for Intelligent system, and the BCI group of Moritz Grosse-Wentrup there, where I also gave a talk.
- In the Tulles High School in France, to talk about my research on BCI and my background.
- Our course on BCI was accepted at CHI 2017!
- A paper accepted in the journal l'Encephale, about Neurofeedback, following the 1st national neurofeedback congress!
- A paper accepted in the journal Brain-Computer Interfaces, about pitfalls of BCI research, following our workshop at the international BCI meeting!
- Giving a popularization presentation about my work at the Science Agora in Tokyo, Japan
- Enjoying the visit of Pr. Tanaka laboratory at Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, and giving a talk there!
- My project "BrainConquest" was selected for an ERC Starting Grant!!!! Hourra!
- Giving a lecture and a lab on BCI at the IBRO/APRC School on Cognitive Neurosciences
- I defended and obtained by Habilitation Thesis (Habilitation à Diriger des Recherches - HDR)! You can read the manuscript here.
- A paper accepted in the Journal "Travail Humain" on EEG-based Neuroergonomics for 3D User Interaction (see section Publications)
- Giving a talk "When Brain-Computer Interaction meets Educational Sciences" at the general assembly of the LaBRI, Bordeaux France
- Giving a talk "From Neurofeedback to BCI", at the Bordeaux Workshop on Neurofeedback
- Giving a talk "Towards Usable Mental Imagery-based BCIs" at the Brain and Spine Institute in Paris, and visiting the great ARAMIS team and Fabrizio De Vico-Fallani there!
- Visiting the very impressive Technoculture Art and Games (TAG) research center from Concordia University in Montreal, and giving a talk there on our research at Potioc
- Visiting and enjoying the SAT - "Société des Arts Technologiques" in Montréal, Canada
- In Montreal, Canada, for the UQAM Summer School of Cognitive Sciences, to learn about Reasonning and learning!
- Together with Camille Jeunet, we were interviewed on the radio program "L'oeuf ou la poule", on CHOQ, a Montréal Radio from UQAM (Université du Québec à Montréal).
- Visiting the awesome Digital Art Biennal in Montreal, Canada
- Visiting and meeting very interesting people at the Center for Digital Media in Vancouver, Canada
- I will be one of the speakers at the "Brain and Computers Digital Media Conference" in Vancouver, on June 16th, which promises to be an exciting event!
- A radio interview on Radio Canada, in Vancouver, about BCI and virtual reality.
- Talking about new applications of BCI technologies at the SCRIME workshop on "music and physiological signals"
- A radio interview about BCI and the Brain and Computers Digital Media Conference on the Vancouver-based Round House Radio (podcast here)
- I was nominated a leader in BCI research for the lunch with leader at the International BCI meeting 2016!
- A paper accepted in the IEEE SMC 2016 conference on spatial abilities training for mental imagery based BCI (see section publications)!
- In Pacific Grove, California, USA for the International BCI meeting 2016, where we presented several posters, a demo, and co-organized a workshop! A very enjoyable (and intense) conference.
- A journal article accepted in Progress in Brain Research on
neurophysiological and cognitive predictors of BCI performances (see
- In Geneva for the PhD defense of Sareh Saeedi who proposed interesting contributions for adaptive BCI design. Congrats!
- In Bruxelles for the NEM (New European Media) General Assembly, where Inria was elected as Steering Board member with me as its representative.
- An abstract accepted at the Annual Meeting of
the Organization for Human Brain Mapping (OHBM) 2016, on Hybrid EEG-fMRI
neurofeedback for motor imagery! (see section publications)
- Léa Pillette joined us to do her Master thesis on BCI!
- A paper accepted at CHI about EEG-based Neuroergonomics or how to use EEG to assess the ergonomics quality of a human-computer interface! (see section publications)
- My First PhD student, Jérémy Frey, has brilliantly and successfully defended his PhD, he is now a Doctor! Congratulations!
- an abstract accepted at the Motor Speech Conference on ECoG based speech production analysis (see section publications)
- A paper accepted in the journal PLOS One on predictors of mental-imagery based BCI performances (see also section publications)!
- In Paris for a national meeting on invasive BCI.
- In Lyon for a scientific outreach presentation "“Peut-on tout contrôler par la pensée”, with Jérémie Mattout and Emmanuel Maby
- A paper accepted at IEEE SMC on explanatory feedback for BCI training! (see section publications)
- In Grenoble for the PhD defense committee of Raphaëlle Roy, who did very interesting work on EEG-based neuroergonomics (workload, attention, fatigue)
- A short paper on the estimation in EEG signals of visual comfort for stereoscopic displays, accepted at INTERACT 2015, (see section publications)
- A paper accepted at EUSIPCO 2015 on robust spatial filtering for EEG-based BCI! (see section publications)
- In Toulouse for the half-PhD committee of Tracy Brandmeyer who his doing promising work on EEG, neurofeedback and meditation!
- 2 long papers accepted at INTERACT 2015, on tactile feedback for BCI training, and mental workload estimation based on EEG during 3D manipulation tasks (see section publications)
- A journal paper accepted in Frontiers in Human Neurosciences about decoding articulatory features from ECoG signals! (see section publications)
- A journal paper accepted in Proceedings of the IEEE on EEG signal processing approaches to reduce or suppress BCI calibration time (see section publications)
- In Berlin for giving a talk at the Bernstein Center for Computational Neurosciences and for the Master Thesis defense of Julia Schumacher!
- A paper accepted at ACIIDS 2015 (see section publications)
- A paper and a poster accepted at the International Graz BCI conference (see section publications)
- In Berlin for the PhD defence of Wojciech Samek who made very nice contributions on robust spatial filter design for EEG-based BCI
- Visiting Pr. Roger N'Kambou and the cognitive science department in UQAM, Montreal Canada
- In Beligum, in Mons, for the PhD defence of Matthieu Duvinage, who made many interesting contributions to EEG-based neuroprosthesis design
- In Florence for ICASSP, where I gave a tutorial on EEG signal processing and presented a paper
- Julia Schumacher joined us to do her Master Thesis!
- A paper accepted in the Frontiers in Neurosciences journal, about workload estimation from EEG signals (see section publications)
- Dennis Wobrock joined us to do his Master Thesis with us and the Immersion company.
- I was in Berlin for the Winterschool on Neurotechnologies. Check out the different lectures from the school there: http://videolectures.net/bbci2014_berlin/.
- A paper accepted at the International Conference
on Audio Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP 2014) about the
optimization of spatial filters for phase synchronization-based
classification of EEG signals (see section publications)
paper accepted at the "Work-in-Progress" section of the CHI 2014
conference on the use of EEG to assess the zone of comfort in
stereoscopic displays (see section publications)
paper accepted at the IEEE Virtual Reality (IEEE VR 2014) conference on
a new Augmented Reality-based visualization system for real-time EEG:
the Mind-Mirror! (see section publications)
- We were at the Physiological Computing System (PhyCS 2014) conference to present our work on BCI (see section publications) and to show a demo of our OpenViBE open-source BCI software
- We succesfully organized the IHM 2013 French speaking conference on Human Computer Interaction in Bordeaux!
- I was in Zaragoza, in Spain, for the PhD defence of Javier Mauricio Antelis, who worked on Motor information decoding from EEG signals. Congratulations!
- I was in at EPFL, in Lausanne, Switzerland, for the PhD defence of Mohit Kumar Goel, who worked on Inverse solutions for BCI. Congratulations!
- A paper accepted at eCAADe, with architect Pierre Cutellic, on our first experimentations with Neurodesign (see section publications)
- In California for the International BCI Meeting 2013, an Amazing venue for BCI researchers. We also organized a workshop there, and presented a poster (see section publications)
- Camille Jeunet and Leonard Pommereau defended they Master thesis with success, both of them finishing top of their class! Congratulations!
- I gave a popularization talk on BCI in la cité des sciences, in Paris, in the context of a conference on "Thinking without body"
- Together with François Nicaise (a BCI-based video game developper), we gave a demonstration and a popularization talk on BCI at Cap sciences, in Bordeaux, entitled "Le cerveau aux commandes".
- Nicoletta Caramia, A PhD student for the university of Pavia, in Italy, joined us for a scientific visit, to work on EEG signal processing
- Leonard Pommereau joined us to do his Master Thesis (1st year) on the analysis of stereoscopic display with EEG signals.
- We enjoyed the CHI conference in Paris!
- I was in Grenoble, in CEA, for the mid-thesis defence of Raphaelle Roy, who works on Cognitive State estimation from EEG signals.
paper accepted in IEEE Transactions on Computational Intelligence and
Artificial Intelligence in Games (IEEE T-CIAIG) about multiplayer
BCI-based gaming (see section publications)
- Kick-off meeting of the OpenViBE-NT project which aims at building the next generation OpenViBE platform!
- Jeremy Frey joined our group to do a PhD with me on passive BCI for the evaluation of 3D User Interfaces.
- Congratulations to Dr. Boris Reuderink for his freshly obtained PhD (whose PhD committee I had the chance to be part of) and innovative contributions!
- A paper accepted in the journal Neurocomputing, about new features (predictive complexity, multifractal cumulants) for motor imagery-based BCI. See section publications.
- I was at the first PhD defense of Dieter Devlaminck, from Ghent University, who made interesting machine learning contributions to BCI research (see, e.g., here, but there are more papers to come!).
- I attended the international BCI conference in Graz. As usual, it was a great conference!
- I am now a Research Scientist (with tenure) at INRIA Bordeaux Sud-Ouest, in the Iparla team, in France
- A paper accepted in SSCI 2011 CCMB - 2011 IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence, Cognitive Algorithms, Mind, and Brain, about band power feature extraction and motor-imagery based BCI (see section publications)
- I attended the ICPR conference last week, where I notably participated in the very interesting Brain Decoding Workshop. You can check the poster I presented at the conference and the corresponding paper, dealing with spatial regularization for the CSP algorithm.
- A paper accepted at the ICPR conference, on
Spatially Regularized CSP for BCI (see section Publications)
- I received the PhD thesis award accessit (2nd prize) from the ASTI (french
Association for Information Technologies and Sciences), in the
"Fundamental and transversal research" category. Follow this link for
details: ASTI PhD thesis award 2009 (website in French)
- I received the PhD thesis award 2009 from the AFRIF, the French branch of the International
Association for Pattern Recognition (IAPR).
Follow this link for details: AFRIF PhD thesis
award 2009 (website in French)