Hi! Welcome to my professional homepage.
This is basically a webpage about my research
on Brain-Computer Interfaces (BCI).
Please feel free to explore this website by using the navigation panel on the left. Don't hesitate to contact me if you want any additional information or if you are interested by a research collaboration.
If you have reached this website by chance but are not interested in BCI research, you can still have a look at the "Pictures and Videos
" section, you may find it interesting :-). Enjoy!
***** (relatively) Recent News *****
- Camille Jeunet successfully and brillantly defended her PhD, that she did with us, on human learning for BCI, congrats!! See the manuscript here.
- In Paris for a BCI-LIFT plenary meeting!
- In Tuebingen, Germany, to enjoy the visit of the Max Planck Institute for Intelligent system, and the BCI group of Moritz Grosse-Wentrup there, where I also gave a talk.
- In the Tulles High School in France, to talk about my research on BCI and my background.
- A paper accepted in the journal l'Encephale, about Neurofeedback, following the 1st national neurofeedback congress!
- A paper accepted in the journal Brain-Computer Interfaces, about pitfalls of BCI research, following our workshop at the international BCI meeting!
- Giving a popularization presentation about my work at the Science Agora in Tokyo, Japan
- Enjoying the visit of Pr. Tanaka laboratory at Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, and giving a talk there!
- My project "BrainConquest" was selected for an ERC Starting Grant!!!! Hourra!
- Giving a lecture and a lab on BCI at the IBRO/APRC School on Cognitive Neurosciences
- I defended and obtained by Habilitation Thesis (Habilitation à Diriger des Recherches - HDR)! You can read the manuscript here.
- A paper accepted in the Journal "Travail Humain" on EEG-based Neuroergonomics for 3D User Interaction (see section Publications)
- Giving a talk "When Brain-Computer Interaction meets Educational Sciences" at the general assembly of the LaBRI, Bordeaux France
- Giving a talk "From Neurofeedback to BCI", at the Bordeaux Workshop on Neurofeedback
- Giving a talk "Towards Usable Mental Imagery-based BCIs" at the Brain and Spine Institute in Paris, and visiting the great ARAMIS team and Fabrizio De Vico-Fallani there!
- Visiting the very impressive Technoculture Art and Games (TAG) research center from Concordia University in Montreal, and giving a talk there on our research at Potioc
- Visiting and enjoying the SAT - "Société des Arts Technologiques" in Montréal, Canada
- In Montreal, Canada, for the UQAM Summer School of Cognitive Sciences, to learn about Reasonning and learning!
- Together with Camille Jeunet, we were interviewed on the radio program "L'oeuf ou la poule", on CHOQ, a Montréal Radio from UQAM (Université du Québec à Montréal).
- Visiting the awesome Digital Art Biennal in Montreal, Canada
- Visiting and meeting very interesting people at the Center for Digital Media in Vancouver, Canada
- I will be one of the speakers at the "Brain and Computers Digital Media Conference" in Vancouver, on June 16th, which promises to be an exciting event!
- A radio interview on Radio Canada, in Vancouver, about BCI and virtual reality.
- Talking about new applications of BCI technologies at the SCRIME workshop on "music and physiological signals"
- A radio interview about BCI and the Brain and Computers Digital Media Conference on the Vancouver-based Round House Radio (podcast here)
- I was nominated a leader in BCI research for the lunch with leader at the International BCI meeting 2016!
- A paper accepted in the IEEE SMC 2016 conference on spatial abilities training for mental imagery based BCI (see section publications)!
- In Pacific Grove, California, USA for the International BCI meeting 2016, where we presented several posters, a demo, and co-organized a workshop! A very enjoyable (and intense) conference.
- A journal article accepted in Progress in Brain Research on neurophysiological and cognitive predictors of BCI performances (see section publications)
- In Geneva for the PhD defense of Sareh Saeedi who proposed interesting contributions for adaptive BCI design. Congrats!
- In Bruxelles for the NEM (New European Media) General Assembly, where Inria was elected as Steering Board member with me as its representative.
- An abstract accepted at the Annual Meeting of the Organization for Human Brain Mapping (OHBM) 2016, on Hybrid EEG-fMRI neurofeedback for motor imagery! (see section publications)
- Léa Pillette joined us to do her Master thesis on BCI!