Courtship and Engagement 1910-1914
- Chapter One: 1910 to September 1912 - “Why don't you write?"
- Chapter Two: January to August 1913 - “I'm tired of this uneventful existence."
- Chapter Three: September 1913 - “The future is bright with glorious hope."
- Chapter Four: October 1913 - “You are the ideal of my dreams."
- Chapter Five: November 1913 - “You haven't any doubts now have you?"
- Chapter Six: December 1913 - “It seems so long until the summer."
- Chapter Seven: January 1914 - “You are steadfast and true as the everlasting hills."
- Chapter Eight: February 1914 - “I'm so tired of writing letters, and you seem so far away."
- Chapter Nine: March 1914 - “Don't you believe our hearts speak to each other across the space that separates us?"
- Chapter Ten: April 1914 - “I cannot bear to feel so toward you, and to have you angry with me."
- Chapter Eleven: May-June 1914 - “I hope you'll always find me thoughtful and tender."