Police Officer Hiring Criteria
Applications will not be accepted unless a position is posted.
Police Officer or Reserve Police Officer
The successful candidate will perform police patrol duties, such as, responding to calls for service, conducting preliminary investigations, serving the needs of the community by enforcing federal, state and local laws and ordinances. He or she supports the protection of life and property, prevents crimes, apprehends criminals, and enforces laws by patrolling the city.
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must be a licensed Peace Officer by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education (TCOLE).
- Have a high school diploma or equivalency certificate (G.E.D.) certified by the issuing agency (i.e. Texas Education Agency).
- Must not have any family violence convictions.
- Must not have any class A or B misdemeanor convictions.
- Must not have any felony convictions.
- Must meet the hiring standards of the Police Department.
The City of Eagle Lake is an Equal Opportunity Employer.