CALL FOR PAPERS
I am the guest editor of an special issue at the Journal of Risk and Financial Management, dealing with "Financial Crisis and Datamining".
Different aspects of human activities are automatically recorded by means of different devices. Activities in social networks such as Twitter, Instagram, etc. provide data on feelings, search preferences, political unrest, etc. that were previously not directly observable. Consequently, there is a challenge on how to integrate and process such a large amount of data in order to produce relevant information to make decisions. This Special Issue focuses on the broad topic of “Financial Crisis and Datamining” and aims to gather novel empirical research on big data applications to financial crisis forecasting. Multidisciplinary articles that combine traditional econometric techniques with methodologies borrowed from other sciences, such as evolutionary algorithms, artificial neural networks, and text mining, are particularly welcome.
The Special Issue could include contributions on financial crisis forecasts, financial crashes’ early warning indicators, asset return predictability, and volatility modeling.
I serve/have served in the editorial board of:
- Fuzzy Economic Review (ISSN (print) 1136-0593 · ISSN (online) 2445-4192)
- Revista de Investigación en Modelos Financieros (ISSN: 2250-687X)
- Cuadernos de CIMBAGE (ISSN: 1666-5112)
- Journal of Computer Science and Technology JCS&T (ISSN 1666-6038)
- Journal of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics (ISSN (print) 1343-0130 /ISSN (online) 1883-8014)
I serve at the reviewer board of:
- Entropy (ISSN 1099-4300)
- Journal of Risk and Financial Management (ISSN 1911-8074)