I've been adding various new things to this site, but I don't expect that people who have been here will want to search for it. So I thought it would be nice to announce some of the new stuff that's been added recently.
- Introducing the new GK-Plus kit. Functions of the GK-B5 + the Logging Shield + More - graphic display, bigger processor, etc.
- The Kit to Internet - GKnet page tells you how to hook the Geiger Kit to Xively (aka Cosm, aka Pachube) and Radmon.org
- WiFi has been added to the remote monitor in the RadMon project. This updates Xively (aka Cosm, aka Pachube) on the web. A color graphic display has also been added to the remote monitor. See RadMonPlus at the bottom of the Remote Monitoring page for current status of this work in progress.
- A new option for mapping and graphing software - radmon.org has been added. See Graphing to a PC.
- Version 10.2 of the Geiger Kit software is released. Major improvements - optional setup menu to configure many new features. See the new Software Features page.
- Version 5.2 of the PCB is now shipping. The main difference is that the piezo was replaced with a speaker (about the same size). This give a more classic sounding 'click'. There is information on the Circuit Description page about how you can retrofit the speaker on previous versions of the kit.
- A new version of the Logging Shield software - v9 is available. Lots of nice improvements.
- New page on Making a Scint Probe - describes the current status of this project.
- New page on Gamma Spectroscopy - describes the current status of this project.
- The ScintCon project has been put on hold. It was described in - Adding a Scint (scintillation) probe.
- Added instructions on how to make Google Maps from Logging Shield logs on
the Logging Shield page.
- Kit flies to near space - see Kit flies 111,814 feet for details of the Anacapa Space Exploration Club's balloon project..
- GM Tube Info page - A makeover of comparison chart. Some good links to various sources if information have been added.
- Remote Monitoring - This project is now complete. There is also a version of the project with a 2.4GHz transceiver. See this page.
- Gallery page will have some additions since you last saw it.