This site is maintained by the Cuyahoga Heights Historical Committee and is meant to share the history, photos, and family histories of Cuyahoga Heights, Ohio. We hope that you enjoy it and continue to come back as more information is added. Also, see the Cuyahoga Heights Memories Page on Facebook where you can share a few of your own memories: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/132447953512779/
The Committee holds their meetings from 10 a.m. to Noon on the Saturdays listed below at the Kennedy House, 4651 E. 71st St., located across the street from the old site of the historic Willow House in Cuyahoga Heights, Ohio. During this meeting time, the Kennedy House is open to the public to view our many historical items, pictures, maps, and family histories. We also ask that if you have any pictures that you would like to share, please contact us. We can scan them and return them to you. Contact any of the members below with any additional information you may have to share or with any corrections.
Laura Hine, Webmaster (genealogygal2 @ juno.com)
(Kathy Swartout - Newsletter Editor)
CALENDAR OF MEETINGS FOR 2017
MEMORIAL DAY OPEN HOUSE, May 29, 2017 - 9 A.M. TO 1 P.M. AT THE KENNEDY HOUSE AT 4651 E. 71ST STREET.
Meetings for 2017 are as follows:
April 1st - 10 a.m. to Noon
May 6th - 10 a.m. to Noon
August 5th - 10 a.m. to Noon
October 7th - 10 a.m. to Noon
Some of the items housed at the Kennedy House:
1. Cuyahoga Heights Fire Department log books from 1933-1982 (shift schedules, alarms, call-outs etc.)
2. Records from the Women's Club
3. Records from the Citizen's Committee
4. Records from the Senior Citizen's Club from 1990-1995
5. Information on businesses in Cuyahoga Heights
6. Wedding photos of many residents over the years.
7. Cuyahoga Heights High School yearbooks.
8. Official Roster of Ohio Soldiers & Sailors
9. Cuyahoga Heights Plat Book for 1947
10. Cuyahoga Heights Plat Book for 1951
11. Cuyahoga Heights Plat Book - approximately 1918-1920
12. Maps of Cuyahoga Heights and Willow Township
13. MANY MANY pictures!
14. Genealogy records of families from Cuyahoga Heights
15. Numerous items showing everyday life back in the good old days!
STOP BY AND VISIT! We'd love to see you!