The following are links to selected organizations focused on 'open' eGovernment information, technologies, and solutions:
- Center for Democracy & Technology - A non-profit public policy organization dedicated to promoting the
democratic potential of today's open, decentralized global Internet.
- Civic Commons - A non-profit initiative helping cities and local governments build
and use shared and open technologies to improve public services.
- Code For America - Enlisting talents of the web industry into public service to use their skills to solve core problems facing our communities, cities, and government at all levels.
- Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) - Defending people's freedoms and privacy rights in this Digital Age.
- eGovernment Asian Resource Centre - Collecting and disseminating information on eGovernment solutions, best practices, and lessons learned across Asia.
- EU eGovernment - European Commission portal on eGovernment projects and activities across the European Union (EU).
- GovDelivery - One of the world's leading providers of government-to-citizen eGov communication solutions.
- Linux Professional Institute - Advocating, training, & certifying individuals in the professional use of Linux and Open Source software.
- Mil-OSS.Org - A community of civilian and military developers of innovative open
source solutions for the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD).
- National Association of State Chief Information Officers (NASCIO) - Fostering government excellence by sharing quality business practices, information management, and technology policy.
- National Association of Counties (NACO) - Researching, publishing and disseminating a variety of information for and about more than 3000 counties across the U.S.
- Open Forum Europe (OFE) - A not-for-profit industry organization helping to accelerate and broaden the use of
Open Source Software (OSS) among businesses, consumers and governments.
- Open Government Partnership - Committed to making governments more open, accountable, and responsive to citizens.
- Open Innovation Community - Providing the latest news, research, discussions and solutions related to 'open innovation'.
- Open Justice Broker Consortium - Creating revolutionary open source tools to help state & local governments process and share information between justice agencies.
- Open Source for America (OSFA) - Raising awareness and use of collaborative, open
source software solutions in the U.S. government
- Open Source Election Technology - Creating freely available open source trusted election technology.
Source Lab (OSL) - Housing a growing number of high-impact open source development
communities for the public and private sectors.
- Open Technology Institute (OTI) - Formulates policy and regulations in support of open architectures and innovative open source solutions.
- World Bank - Open Development, Open Data, & Open Knowledge tools available from the World Bank.
U.S. Government Departments - OpenGov Websites* See Federal Government Agency Information Web Site developed and maintained by LSU.
* Check out this link to the budding Open Source Party
, an exploratory net-roots campaign to re-envision the political party and existing government systems, tapping into the ideas and energy of the growing 'open source' movement.
If you would like to
suggest new material or links to be added to this web site, please email