The following are
selected links to organizations and web sites focused on 'open'
IT architecture and standards, especially in the areas of 'open' government
- American National
Standards Institute (ANSI) - The Institute oversees the creation,
promulgation and use of thousands of standards, norms, and guidelines that
directly impact businesses in nearly every sector – including information
- Association for Open Group Enterprise Architects (AOGEA) - A professional association committed to
advancing the enterprise architecture profession and professional excellence.
- European Comittee for Standardization (CEN) - Provides a platform for the development of European
Standards and other technical specifications.
- Federal CIO Council - Providing leadership, oversight and coordination of U.S. federal agencies IT investments, policies, best practices, and more.
- Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA) - Policies and guidance to help U.S. federal government agencies maximize the contribution of IT resources, investments, and activities to achieve performance goals.
- Information Architecture Institute - A global organization supporting individuals and organizations
specializing in Information Architecture.
- International Standards Organization (ISO) - A network of national standards institutes from countries around the world.
- National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST) - Their mission is to promote U.S. innovation and industrial competitiveness by advancing measurement science, standards, and technology.
- OASIS Open Data (OData) - Advancing open standards for data sharing.
- Object Management
Group (OMG) - An international, 'open' computer industry
consortium developing enterprise integration standards for a wide range of
technologies. OMG’s modeling standards, including the Unified
Modeling Language (UML) & Model Driven Architecture (MDA).
- Open Group - Architecture & Standards - A
vendor and technology neutral consortium whose vision of Boundaryless Information Flow™ will enable access to
integrated information, within and among enterprises, based on open standards and global interoperability.
- Open Grid
Services Architecture - Helping to move towards a grid system
architecture based on open grid services and architectural principles.
Source Software Licenses - A list of approved open source licenses and
their definition maintained by the Open Source Initiative.
- Organization for the Advancement of Structured Information Standards (OASIS) - A non-profit consortium that drives the development,
convergence and adoption of open standards for the global information
- Standards.Gov - Portal with background materials and useful links for locating information about the use of standards in government.
- World Wide Web
Consortium (W3C) - An international community that develops standards to ensure the
long-term growth of the Web.
Other Standards Development Organizations (SDO)
Selected Articles, Books, & Papers on IT Architecture & Standards
The webmasters have assumed that individuals
visiting this site already have an extensive knowledge and interest in
open source and information technology (IT).
If you would like to
suggest new material or links to be added to this web site, please email