The following are
selected links to organizations and web sites focused on 'open'
IT architecture and standards, especially in the areas of 'open' government
- American National
Standards Institute (ANSI) - The Institute oversees the creation,
promulgation and use of thousands of standards, norms, and guidelines that
directly impact businesses in nearly every sector – including information
- Association for Open Group Enterprise Architects (AOGEA) - A professional association committed to
advancing the enterprise architecture profession and professional excellence.
- European Comittee for Standardization (CEN) - Provides a platform for the development of European
Standards and other technical specifications.
- Federal CIO Council - Providing leadership, oversight and coordination of U.S. federal agencies IT investments, policies, best practices, and more.
- Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA) - Policies and guidance to help U.S. federal government agencies maximize the contribution of IT resources, investments, and activities to achieve performance goals.
- Information Architecture Institute - A global organization supporting individuals and organizations
specializing in Information Architecture.
- International Standards Organization (ISO) - A network of national standards institutes from countries around the world.
- National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST) - Their mission is to promote U.S. innovation and industrial competitiveness by advancing measurement science, standards, and technology.
- OASIS Open Data (OData) - Advancing open standards for data sharing.
- Object Management
Group (OMG) - An international, 'open' computer industry
consortium developing enterprise integration standards for a wide range of
technologies. OMG’s modeling standards, including the Unified
Modeling Language (UML) & Model Driven Architecture (MDA).
- Open Group - Architecture & Standards - A
vendor and technology neutral consortium whose vision of Boundaryless Information Flow™ will enable access to
integrated information, within and among enterprises, based on open standards and global interoperability.
- Open Grid
Services Architecture - Helping to move towards a grid system
architecture based on open grid services and architectural principles.
Source Software Licenses - A list of approved open source licenses and
their definition maintained by the Open Source Initiative.
- Organization for the Advancement of Structured Information Standards (OASIS) - A non-profit consortium that drives the development,
convergence and adoption of open standards for the global information
- Standards.Gov - Portal with background materials and useful links for locating information about the use of standards in government.
- World Wide Web
Consortium (W3C) - An international community that develops standards to ensure the
long-term growth of the Web.
Other Standards Development Organizations (SDO)
Selected Articles, Books, & Papers on IT Architecture & Standards
If you would like to
suggest new material or links to be added to this web site, please email