The following is a list of selected books and/or reports about Clarendon county, South Carolina.
- Archeological Survey and Cultural
Resources Overview, Santee National Wildlife Refuge, Clarendon County, S.C.
by James W.
- Clarendon County, S.C. (Images of
Marguirite De Laine, F.S. Corbett and Cecil J.
Williams (June 2002)
- Clarendon County Situation
South Carolina State Development Board (August 2012)
- Dawn of Desegregation: J. A. De
Laine and Briggs v. Elliott by Ophelia De Laine Gona (August 2012)
- If Not Now, When? School Integration in Clarendon County, South Carolina 1947--1970 by Patrick Brunson (July 2012)
- If These Walls Could Talk: Manning's Historic Buildings by Sylvia H. Clark (2012)
- Reconnaissance & Cultural Resources Survey of Cantey Bay Plantation, Clarenson, S.C., Chicora Foundation (2008)
- Summerton SC: The Past, Present & Future by Peter Groen, Editor, Summerton Weekly News (January 2016)
- Uncommon Courage: The Story of
Briggs V. Elliott, South Carolina's Unsung Civil Rights Battle by James Clyburn and Jennifer Revels (May
* See the comprehensive list of other books available from Amazon.com about Clarendon County, S.C.
** Some of the other notable authors from Clarendon county include John Witherspoon Ervin, Julia Mood Peterkin, George Allen Huggins Jr., Delmar Rhame M.D., and many others.