2016 February Newsletter
Greetings from Uganda; and A Blessed New year 2016
We Praise the Lord for the grace and protection each day.
We continue to see the blessings of serving and being used in the Children’s Ministry
February comes at the height of Elections in Uganda; for the President, Members of Parliament and Local Councils. We hope that Ugandans will be able elect leaders that have our Country at heart and see Children and Young people as a vital part of our Country’s present and future. Kindly Pray for this period full of both fear and excitement.
Children’s Ministry Outreaches and Trainings are taking most of our time in these months stretching from East to the West and with overwhelming numbers taking advantage of the prolonged holiday.
This is what has been happening.
- We have been part of children’s festive celebrations and events all over; a children’s Jesus celebration in Mukono and Namirembe; a Children’s camp in Kampala and Masaka, children’s conference in Ankole and a children’s worship celebrations in churches in Karamoja, and across Dioceses. It is a great encouragement to see many children participating and taking part in Church organised activities which are now planned and facilitated at church or Diocesan levels with Church Leaders / Clergy and even Bishops present!
- 195 Children’s Leaders attended trainings, 17th- 23rd January 2016 for Level II Ministry to Children and Child Protection in Mbale and Mbarara. The trainings in East and West respectively were intended on equiping our core trainers of trainers in the Dioceses with new skills and knowledge for handling Children and keeping Children safe in our Churches, School Child Development Centres
- It is the long holiday with schools scheduled to begin on 22nd February after elections. Children’s Ministry is working with Churches on establishing Teens Ministries, providing reading books and parents on good parenting. The prolonged holiday is an opportunity for families to keep children safe while they are protected, provided for and participating in day to day livelihoods at home.
• Praise the Lord for the opportunities in 2016 to reach out to Children all over Uganda
• For our Children’s Teachers and Leaders who have trained to serve in the Ministry to Children