Cancellations and reschedule requests take a lot of work and a commitment to communicating with the referee assignor and the opposing coach.
Weather related cancellations are managed by the club. Cancellations for non-weather related reasons are discouraged. The only acceptable reason for cancelling is if you don't have enough players to field a team:
The steps to follow for cancelling and rescheduling games include:
1. To cancel a game please fill out the below Google form. For Saturday games the match must be cancelled by Tuesday @ 5:00 PM. Late cancellations require the cancelling team to pay ref fees for both teams.
2. Contact opposing coach to notify of cancellation and check for available dates & times for reschedule. Opposing team must be notified by Tuesday @ 5:00 PM for Saturday games.
3. Review the GameOfficials.net Schedule for available dates and times for reschedule. Note that because of referee availability only two week day games per night will be scheduled. If two games are already being played that night, look for an alternative.
4. Confirm three potential reschedule dates & times with opposing coach (you can check their practice days/times in advance to help coordinate).
5. Enter requested dates & times in Reschedule form below. (Please make sure both coaches agree on the date and time before filling out the form.)
6. Await confirmation from ref assignor.
7. Notify opposing coach of confirmed reschedule date and time. After you receive a confirmation from the assignor, please make sure both coaches know about the reschedule game.
NOTE: DO NOT EMAIL the assignor for a request because it will get lost and forgot about through all the daily emails.
IMPORTANT INFO - - Non weather related game cancellations must be made by 5:00 PM on the Tuesday before the scheduled Saturday game. Late cancellations will result in the cancelling team having to pay the referee fees for both teams.