Sao Paulo School of Economics, FGV/SPEmail
: bernardo.guimaraes at
- "Power sharing, rents, and commitment" (with Kevin Sheedy): [pdf], September 2013.
- A previous version was circulated under the title "A model of equilibrium institutions".
- "Isolated capital cities and misgovernance: theory and evidence" (with Filipe Campante and Quoc-Anh Do): [pdf], February 2013.
- "Intertemporal coordination with delay options" (with Luis Araujo): [pdf], February 2014.
- A previous version was circulated under the title "The effect of options on coordination".
- "Demand expectations and the timing of stimulus policies" (with Caio Machado): [pdf], March 2014.
- "Sovereign default risk and commitment for fiscal adjustment" (with Carlos Eduardo Goncalves): [pdf], April 2014.
- "IMF conditionalities, liquidity provision, and incentives for
fiscal adjustment" (with Oz Iazdi): [pdf], February 2014.
- "Financial disruption as a cost of sovereign default" (with Andre Diniz): [pdf], February 2014.
- "Coordination in the use of money" (with Luis Araujo), Journal of Monetary Economics, forthcoming: [abstract + pdf]
- "US real interest rates and default risk in emerging economies" (with Nathan Foley-Fisher), Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 2013: [abstract+pdf]
- "Sovereign default: which shocks matter?", Review of Economic Dynamics, 2011: [abstract + pdf]
- "Sales and monetary policy" (with Kevin Sheedy), American Economic Review, 2011: [abstract + pdf]. Complete version with proofs: [pdf]
- "Risk and wealth in a model of self-fulfilling currency attacks" (with Stephen Morris), Journal of Monetary Economics, 2007: [abstract + pdf]. Complete version with proofs: [pdf]
- "International lending of last resort and moral hazard: a model of IMF's catalytic finance" (with Giancarlo Corsetti and Nouriel Roubini), Journal of Monetary Economics, 2006: [abstract + pdf]
- "Dynamics of currency crises with asset market frictions", Journal of International Economics, 2006: [abstract + pdf]. Proof of existence and uniqueness of an equilibrium: [pdf]
- International Financial crises: [pdf], 2013.
Publications in Brazilian Journals:
- "Qualis as a measuring stick for research output in Economics", Brazilian Review of Econometrics, 2011: [abstract + pdf].
- "Monetary policy, default risk and the exchange rate" (with Carlos Eduardo Goncalves), Revista Brasileira de Economia, 2011: [abstract + pdf].
- This paper includes the material in "Monetary policy and the exchange rate in Brazil".
- "A possibilidade de saltos no cambio implicita nos premios das opcoes" (in Portuguese, with Marcos Eugenio da Silva), Revista Brasileira de Economia, 2002.
- "Vulnerability of currency pegs: evidence from Brazil": [pdf], October 2008.
- Part of the material in this paper was in "Expectations before the Brazilian currency crisis of 1999" and "Market expectations and currency crises: theory and empirics".
- Music: Better Together (Jack Johnson), by Mariana and Bernardo [video].