Assistant Professor of International Economics at Aoyama Gakuin University
School of International Politics, Economics and Communication
4-4-25 Shibuya, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-8366, Japan
Works In Progress
- Trade Agreement with Cross-Border Unbundling.
- Trade Policy and Production Location with Cross-Border Unbundling.
- Are Production Networks Passé in East Asia? Not Yet (joint with Fukunari Kimura), Forthcoming in Asian Economic Papers, 17(3), 2018.
- Impact of Regulatory Differences on International Trade (joint with Kaoru Nabeshima)
- East Asian Economic Integration: Trade in Goods (joint with Toshiyuki Matsuura), prepared as a chapter to be included in Handbook of East Asian Economic Integration, edited by C. Findlay, M. Pangestu, F. Kimura, and S. Thangavelu, Edward-Elgar.
- Deepening and Widening of Production Networks in ASEAN (joint with Fukunari Kimura), Asian Economic Papers, 16(1), 2017, pp. 1-27. [Download] [DP version]
- The Role of China, Japan, and Korea in Machinery Production Networks (joint with Fukunari Kimura), International Economic Journal, 30(2), 2016, pp. 169-190. [Abstract at Taylor & Francis Online] [DP version]
- A Two-dimensional Analysis of the Impact of Outward FDI on Performance at Home: Evidence from Japanese Manufacturing Firms (joint with Kazunobu Hayakawa, Toshiyuki Matsuura, and Kazuyuki Motohashi), Japan and the World Economy, 27, 2013, pp. 25-33. [Abstract at ScienceDirect] [DP version]
- Spatial Distribution of Industrial Production: A Comparison of East Asia and Europe (joint with Kazunobu Hayakawa and Zheng Ji), The Developing Economies, 49(4), 2011, pp. 363-381. [Abstract at Wiley] [DP version]
- Stability of International Production Networks: Is East Asia Special?, International Journal of Business and Development Studies, 2(1), 2010, pp. 63-94. [Download]
- Stability of Production Networks in East Asia: Duration and Survival of Trade, Japan and the World Economy, 22(1), 2010, pp. 21-30. [Abstract at ScienceDirect] [DP version]
- Production Networks in East Asia: What We Know So Far (joint with Fukunari Kimura), in Production Networks and Enterprises in East Asia: Industry and Firm-level Analysis (ADB Institute Series on Development Economics), edited by G. Wignaraja, 2015, pp. 33-64, Springer Japan. [WP version]
- Resiliency of Production Networks in Asia: Evidence from the Asian Crisis, in Trade-led Growth: A Sound Strategy for Asia, edited by S. J. Evenett, M. Mikic, and R. Ratnayake, 2011, pp. 29-52, United Nations Publication. [Download] [DP version]
- Development and Current Status of Machinery Trade between ASEAN and India, in ASEAN-India Connectivity: The Comprehensive Asia Development Plan, Phase II, ERIA Research Project Report 2010-7, edited by F. Kimura and S. Umezaki, 2011, pp. 57-94, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA). [Download]
- The Pervasiveness of Non-tariff Measures in ASEAN – Evidences from the Inventory Approach (joint with Mitsuyo Ando), in Rising Non-tariff Protectionism and Crisis Recovery, edited by M. Mikic and M. Wermelinger, 2010, pp. 27-55, United Nations Publication. [Download]
- International Production Networks in Machinery Industries: Structure and Its Evolution (joint with Fukunari Kimura), ERIA Discussion Paper Series ERIA-DP-2010-09, ERIA. [Download]
- International Production Networks: Comparison between China and ASEAN (joint with Fukunari Kimura), ERIA Discussion Paper Series ERIA-DP-2009-01, ERIA. [Download]
- East Asian Production Networks and the Rise of China: Regional Diversity in Export Performance (joint with Fukunari Kimura), Keio/Kyoto Global COE Discussion Paper Series DP2008-004, Keio University. [Download]