Maranacook Area Athletic & Recreation Expansion
The Awesome Bear Society (ABS), Maranacook Community High School's Booster club is leading an effort to make significant expansions and improvements to the existing facility on the Maranacook Community High School campus and needs your help with the capital campaign. This project is focused on expanding existing facilities for multi-use athletic and recreational opportunities that will be utilized by numerous Maranacook area communities. The overall scope of the project is as follows:
Phase 1 – The Concession Courtyard
1. Renovations to existing concession stand.
2. Construction of new building for restrooms and storage (approximately 20’ x 60’).
3. Construction of courtyard between buildings with engraved pavers, wall and main athletic complex gate entrance.
Targeted construction summer of 2019 or 2020 with an estimated cost of $200,000.00.
Phase 2 – The Recreational Trail Network and Outing Club Expansion:
1. Widening, grading, drainage improvement will occur to existing Nordic ski trails.
2. Addition of lights on approximately 1 kilometer of the Nordic ski trails.
3. Construction of new trails for multi-recreational use (walking, biking, snowshoeing, etc.).
4. Construction of new Outing Club/Community Recreation building (approximately 46’ x 26’).
Targeted construction summer of 2020 or 2021 with an estimated cost of $115,000.00
Phase 3 – Track and Ricky Gibson Field Expansion:
1. Renovation of existing Track & Field complex with new 8 lane track, runways and jumping/vaulting sites.
2. Installation of new artificial turf field inside track, line for multi-sport use (field hockey, soccer, football, lacrosse).
3. Additional lighting for increased hours of complex use.
4. Addition of new ball retention net system.
5. Improved access, parking and main complex entrance.
Targeted construction summer of 2020 or 2021 with an estimated cost of $2,200,000.00.
Capital Fundraising Campaign Announced for ABS Maranacook Area Athletic and Recreation Expansion Project:
- Courtyard brick/paver and Entrance Column tile kickoff today 5/20/19 (Pave the Way Fundraiser)!
- Grant, Foundation requests initiated!
- Local/area business donor requests initiated!
- Watch the ABS webpage for frequent updates and fundraising progress!
If you would like to contribute to this project, please make checks payable to:
Awesome Bear Society
P.O Box 304
Manchester, Maine 04351
Or use our PayPal Account