Quantum Transport and Theory
Looking for bright, ambitious, and motivated Ph. D and Masters students. They will work on
1) Density functional theory based exploration of 2D, Dirac and Topological materials
2) Collective density and spin excitations in different systems
3) Magneto-electro-thermal transport properties of topological insulators, Weyl semimetals etc.
All aspects of "Quantum transport and theory"
1) Dirac and Weyl semimetals: transport, electronic and optical properties
2) Ab-initio density functional theory based exploration of new 2D, Dirac, and topological materials
3) Collective density (plasmons) and spin excitations in various systems
4) Nanoscale device modelling
- Kamal's first paper on "Linear magnato-chiral transport in tilted type-I and type-II WSM " appeared on arXiv today. "Excited for Kamal! "
- Our paper titled "Spin-orbit coupling driven crossover from a starfruitlike nodal semimetal to Dirac and Weyl semimetal state in CaAuAs " recently appeared in Phys. Rev. B. "Excellent work by Sougata and Bahadur".
- Debottam Mondal has joined our research group as a dual degree Ph. D students. "Welcome! "
- Ashutosh submitted his Ph. D thesis. "Excellent work by Ashutosh! And party abhi baki hai - Ashutosh"
- Our paper "3D Dirac Plasmons in 3D Dirac semimetal PtTe_2" has been accepted in Phys. Rev. Lett. Editorial suggestion + physics highlight.