Level 1 Certification

Ready to get started with high power rocketry? Attending a launch, observing, and asking questions is about the best way to start. In the meantime, you can start your education by visiting the NAR (National Association of Rocketry) or TRA (Tripoli Rocketry Association). Level 1 HPR Certification | National Association of Rocketry (nar.org) or this page (Tripoli Level 1 Certification) will tell you everything you need to get started towards your L1 Certification.

In a nutshell, the certification goes like this:

1. Contact 4CRA to set up your certification attempt. (We can help you choose an appropriate rocket for your certification flight.)

2. Build a high power rocket.

3. Buy an H or I class rocket motor. (4CRA can help with this)

4. Bring the completed NAR or TRA certification form with you to the launch. Found here: NAR High Power CertificationApplication or here: Universal_Certification_Form.pdf (tripoli.org)

5. Fly your rocket for the certification team to witness.

6. Certification team signs off for your successful flight.

7. Mail the NAR or TRA ,signed, application to the their respective headquarters. (Be sure to make copies of your completed forms before mailing.)

8. Receive your NAR or TRA Cert. Card in the mail in about a month... Done!