HOSA Officers 2017/2018
- President: Jessica Cloutier
- Co-Vice Presidents: Taylor Devine & Sejal Parsi
- Secretary: Ashley Kilmnick
- Treasurer: Kylee Dungan
- Co-Historians: Prerana Kasanagottu & Morgan Wang
- Fundraising Chair: Maria Teresa Almanza
- Reporter: Samantha Greene
- Parliamentarian: Shrithika Logeshwaran
- Senior: Nataly Alvarez
- Junior: Sadie Rogers
- Sophomore: Lekha Reddy
- Freshmen: Neharika Logeshwaran
Additional Cabinet Members
- Snigdha Aedma
- Alisa Speidel - Lead Advisor
- Patrick Kelly - Co-Advisor
To join SVHS HOSA, click on the link below:
We will be holding officer elections for certain positions early in the fall. If you are interested please click on the link below for position expectations and to fill out an application. Please vote at: https://goo.gl/forms/4KPFng9MLZCAVm9i1
High school seniors and postsecondary/collegiate HOSA members are eligible to apply. The application is available online through Tallo-powered by STEM Premier. Learn more at hosa.org/scholarships. Deadline is March 15, 2019.
Important HOSA News and Links:
Link for Speakers: https://goo.gl/forms/7aq2JTZ8LlBK0pm13
Link for Katherine Elementary Speakers: https://goo.gl/forms/FSYEpZLwO1GPqcGl2
HOSA Scholarship Application Available
Last year, HOSA awarded over $200,000 in scholarships to outstanding HOSA members. High school seniors and postsecondary/collegiate HOSAmembers are eligible to apply. The application is available online throughSTEM Premier.
Learn more at hosa.org/scholarships.
Deadline to apply is March 15, 2018.
Gold Chapter Recognition
HOSA chapters who sign up 100% of their seniors for the free alumni membership at hosa.org/alumniwill now be recognized as a "HOSA Gold Chapter." All HOSA seniors are eligible for alumni membership, they do not need to wait until graduation.
To indicate that your chapter has signed up 100% of its seniors, please check the appropriate box on the first page of the affiliation application. If you have already submitted the application you can still check the "HOSA Gold Chapter" box. Thank you for working to grow HOSA's Alumni Division!
Anatomy in Clay Classroom Competition
HOSA partner, ANATOMY IN CLAY®, invites local chapters to submit their favorite classroom activity using Anatomy in Clay Learning Systems and Models. Chapters who submit an entry could win a Sports Medicine Model package for the classroom (valued at $1,015) and a $100 Amazon gift card. The winning activity will be announced at the 2017 International Leadership Conference in Orlando, FL. For more information, visit anatomyinclay.com.
What we do with HOSA and CalHOSA
- Leadership Conferences
- World-wide Recognition
- Leadership Opportunities
- Exclusive Scholarships
- Exclusive Internships
- Surgeon General Internship
- Network with people all over the world
- Educational Symposiums
HOSA on Campus at SVHS
What we have done for SVHS
- CPR Events
- No Butts Day
- Emergency Preparedness
- Team Building
- Character Development
- Leadership Opportunities
- Industry Workshops
- HOSA/Pathway Exclusive Events (LA Galaxy, Bodies Exhibit, Sports Medicine Events)
- Every 15 Minutes
- Ventura County HOSA Conference at SVHS
HOSA in the Community
How we have benefited those around us
- CPR Events
- Food Drives
- Community Service & Outreach
- Elementary School Science Fair Judging
- Blood Drives
- Anti-Drug Awareness at Valley View Middle School
- Working with health care professionals
Parents Interested in Helping??? How can you help?
There are several ways you can help our academy:
- You can make a direct, anonymous financial contribution so that we may purchase any of the needed items below
- You can become an industry partner, which provides us with guest speakers, job shadows, and internships
- If you would like your logo on our website, you can become a sponsor by providing us with medical education supplies, food for our conferences, and/or financial contributions.
- Parents of HOSA
For more information including the tax ID number, please contact Alisa Speidel: firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial Contributions can be made online by:
1st - go to the school website http://www.svhs.simivalleyusd.org
2nd - click on the "Pioneer Webstore" tab, under "Quick Links"
3rd - click on the Dr. Herme icon
Or you could send a check to 5400 Cochran Street, Simi Valley 93063 made out to: Simi Valley High School HOSA
Tangible Contribution Needs:
Dark Blue Suits for sized for Teens
We will gladly accept second hand suits!
Work Apparel: Maroon Scrubs in Extra Small, Small, Medium, Large & XL sizes
We will gladly accept retired maroon scrubs.
Each year we have participated in different HOSA conferences as a chapter. These have included
- Ventura County HOSA Leadership Conference - Started in 2012 and Hosted for 2 Years
- Regional Leadership Conference
- Cal-HOSA State Leadership Convention
- HOSA National Leadership Convention
Events Participated/Hosted at VC HOSA & Other Conferences
COMPETITIVE EVENTS WORKSHOPS
Health Career Display Casting and Bandaging
Extemporaneous Writing Medline University Online
HOSA Bowl Nutrition Through Smoothies
Job Seeking Skills IPADS Interactive Health Science
Prepared Speaking Courtesy Corps
Medical Spelling Preventing Knee Injuries
Sports Medicine Cat Dissections