US History II Project
Mr. Reilly/Mrs. Bogdan
World War II Research Paper and Project
Research Paper Requirements:
- 5-7 full pages in a SHARED Google Doc
- Notecards & Outline in Noodletools; ALL cited information MUST be in a Notecard & linked to a source
- MLA Format (8th edition)
- Paper MUST have in-text citations
- Sources: minimum of three books/eBook articles/database articles, limit of two internet sites, pre-approved by teacher
- Work Cited Page
- using someone's ideas or words without providing a proper credit (in-text citation & corresponding Works Cited entry)
- copying and pasting from a source (without quotation marks AND proper credit)
- quoting too extensively (NO more than 20% on this paper)
Paper: 100 points - Graded on content, meeting requirements and quality of writing
Each day the paper is late, you will lose 10 points: after 5 schools days the paper is worth 50 points
- Visual Portrayal of your paper
- Format: poster, powerpoint or other medium pre-approved by teacher
- 4 to 7 minute long oral presentation to accompany visual
- Visual must be presented without reading from your paper
Visual Presentation: 50 points - Graded on accuracy, presentation length, audience engagement
Works Cited Draft:
Notecard Check (2+ Notecards from each source):
DRAFT Paper (2 FULL pages minimum):
Guidelines for a Successful Project:
- Use your class research time wisely
- Extra research outside of class time will be required! Plan ahead.
- Use an Essential Question to guide your research
- Create a thesis and conduct research to prove your position
- Your thesis can be based on: cause and effect, processes, hypothetical situations:
- Why was the Invasion of Normandy the turning point of the war in Europe?
- How did medical advances save lives on the Battlefield?
- How important was the role of women during WWII?
- Your visual presentation needs to engage your audience –Do Not Read from Your Paper!