Sheffield Math Bio
Who we are
The Mathematical Biology Group at the University of Sheffield uses a wide range of mathematical and statistical approaches to study questions in biology, medicine and ecology.
Members of the group collaborate widely both within the University of Sheffield and further afield, through joint supervision of PhD students and postdoctoral researchers, and through membership of interdisciplinary research centres.
Weekly group meetings bring together members of the group based in SoMaS with students and postdocs associated with the group but based in other departments.
Current research interests include:
- Animal movement and biological invasions
- Dynamics of genetic regulatory networks
- Dynamics of infectious diseases
- Genetic epidemiology and statistical genetics
- Mechanisms of evolution and development
- Pattern formation in plant and animal development
- Statistical ecology