IEEE CEC 2019
Special Session: ' Evolutionary Optimisation in Advanced Manufacturing Processes'
- Paper submission:
7 January, 201921 January 2019
- Decision notification: 7 March, 2019
- Camera ready paper due: 31 March, 2019
Scope and Topics
As an underpinning science/engineering discipline, evolutionary optimisation has contributed significantly to the growth of advanced manufacturing systems globally. Topics such as the ones of multi-objective process optimisation, decision-making, real-time performance optimisation are pivotal for the realisation of the Industrie 4.0 vision. Whether the manufacturing application is about digitisation systems, robotics, digital manufacturing or fundamental understanding of advanced processes and complex materials, evolutionary optimisation is ideally placed to offer algorithms and methods to address challenges specific to the manufacturing sector.
In this session, we invite contributions that demonstrate new applications, results, as well as new algorithms that address challenges specific to advanced manufacturing systems. Specific topics of interest include, but not limited to:
- application of single and multi-objective evolutionary optimisation for advanced manufacturing processes
- application of evolutionary optimisation for near real-time operation in advanced manufacturing
- optimisation of manufacturing systems under high uncertainty
- decision support for advanced manufacturing systems and processes
Organiser: George Panoutsos (University of Sheffield, UK)
co-organiser Ashutosh Tiwari (University of Sheffield, UK)
co-organiser Rajkumar Roy (University of Cranfield, UK)