Make sure to check this page frequently for new scholarship opportunities
Watch out for scams --You should not have to pay for any scholarships.
Seven basic warning signs (College Board) (Federal Trade Commission)
- This scholarship is guaranteed or your money back.”
- You can’t get this information anywhere else.”
- May I have your credit card/bank account number to hold this scholarship.”
- We’ll do all the work for you.”
- The scholarship will cost some money.”
- You’ve been selected by a national foundation to receive a scholarship.”
- You’re a finalist” in a competition you never entered.
Why do scholarship applications get thrown out?
- Incomplete applications – even a single blank will usually results in a disqualification.
- Poor handwriting / grammar – sloppy work does not indicate a quality candidate
- Late – deadlines are deadlines
Be sure and fill out applications completely, correctly, neatly, and include all documentation by the deadline.
How to maximize your search:
- Make time --Determination pays off with your scholarship applications. Make them a part of your weekly routine and apply for as many as you can.
- Master the essay -- Application committees look for what sets you apart. Focus on what inspires you and craft your essays around it.
- Get an editor-- Get someone to help you with your scholarship search and to review your applications for grammar and flow.
- Consider who you know-- Some workplaces and civic groups offer scholarships, so ask you family if they have any connections.
- Remember that small amounts add up-- For every $20,000 award, there are thousands of smaller awards that receive far fewerf applicatns. Seek out all possible options regardless of amount.
- Talk with the financial aid office-- If you know where you're going to college, check with the school's financial aid office to see if they can help you with your search.
Scholarship Search Sites
FastWeb Scholarship Search – www.fastweb.com
Student Scholarships – www.studentscholarships.org
Scholly App (small fee) – My Scholly
The Texas Guaranteed Student Loan Corporation (TG) – www.aie.org/scholarships
BigFuture (College Board) – bigfuture.collegeboard.org/scholarship-search
Naviance (links to SallieMae) – log in to Naviance and go to National Scholarship Search
Every Chance Every Texan (Texas-focused index) – www.everychanceeverytexan.org/
Cappex – www.cappex.com/scholarships/
- Tuition Funding Sources Offers millions of scholarships worth billions of dollars. Create a profile and start researching and applying .
- Trade School Programs with Scholarships- a list of all the participating career colleges that offer our High School Scholarship Program, which is worth up to $1,000 toward tuition at these schools.
- Sallie Mae Every scholarship is current, and new scholarships are added every month
- The Best Scholarship Search Platforms of 2018 this guide reviews the best scholarship search platforms and instruct students on how to use them effectively to find as many opportunities as possible.
- Scholarship Search Find information on Texas Scholarships, scholarships available for students studying particular majors, scholarships available for students of particular ethnic backgrounds (African American, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Asian or Pacific Islander, Hispanic/Latino), Merit-based scholarships
- High School Scholarships for Trade School in Texas
College & University Financial Aid/Scholarship Webpages
Sybil Harrington Foundation 2/1/18 – www.actx.edu/foundation
Amarillo Area Foundation 2/09/18 – Amarillo Area Foundation Scholarships
Opportunity Plan General Scholarship -- Applications considered priority should be received or postmarked by April 1st of each year
- The Tulsa Welding School
- Imagine America High School Scholarship
- Kid's Chance of Texas Submit application one month before the tuition deadline of the school year for which they are applying.
- Rolling Hills Homeowner's Association offers a scholarship to RRISD graduates who live in Rolling Hills Neighborhood. See your counselor for application.
- Graduates of 2019 sign up for the Application reminder for Wendy's High School Heisman Scholarship
- Deadline: September 27, 2018 Quest Bridge full 4 year Scholarship
- Deadline: September 30, 2018 Full Scholarship – STEM and Business – Texas A&M
- Deadline: September 30, 2018 DON'T TEXT AND DRIVE SCHOLARSHIP
- Deadline: October 6, 2018 AES Scholarship
- Deadline:October 15, 2018 Make the U scholarship Students must demonstrate dedication to community service
- Deadline: October 15, 2018 Hispanic Heritage Youth Awards Students of Hispanic heritage with a gpa of 3.0 or higher
- Deadline: October 15, 2018 American Muscle Student Scholarship For students who are pursuing an automotive themed major.
- Deadline: October 15, 2018 Branson Shows Inspired Scholarship What Branson show inspired you to crush your goals? Never seen a Branson show? That's ok, click the link to find out more.
- Deadline: October 17, 2018 Wendy's Heisman Scholarship Any student who participates in at least one of the 47 sports recognized by the International Olympic Committee in the summer and winter Olympic Games
- Deadline: October 17, 2018 Dr Pepper Tuition Giveaway How do you plan on reaching your goals? Just send a video and let Dr Pepper help pay your way!
- Deadline: October 22, 2018
National Society Daughters of the American Revolution
- Deadline: October 25, 2018 Horatio Alger National Scholarship
- Deadline: October 25, 2018 Horatio Alger State Scholarship
- Deadline: October 31, 2018 Coca-Cola Scholarship
- Deadline: October 31, 2018 NCWIT Aspirations in Computing Women who are excited about computing and technology should apply.
- Deadline: October 31, 2018 ACT Champion If you have taken the ACT and scored a 22 or above, and have overcome challenges in your life-apply for this $500 scholarship!
- Deadline November 14, 2018 - Intel Science Talent Search, for seniors. This is a contest involving independent science research projects. It honors exceptional high school seniors for their scientific research and their potential as future leaders in the scientific community. student.societyforscience.org/apply-intel-science-talent-search?pid=262
- Deadline November 6, 2018 Students who make a difference in their community through volunteering Prudential Spirit of Community Award
- Deadline: November 30th AED Superstore Fall Scholarship, for seniors and undergraduates Submit a video or essay about sudden cardiac arrest. www.aedsuperstore.com/scholarship.html
- Deadline November 15, 2018 (500 Awards - $50,000) Elks Most Valuable Student Scholarship
- Deadline: November 30 Jack Kent Cooke Foundation College Scholarship, for seniors (transfer scholarship also available) Rewards excellence by supporting high-achieving high school seniors with financial need who seek to attend the nation's best four-year colleges and universities. GPA 3.5 or above, SAT combined critical reading and math score of 1200+ and/or ACT composite score of 26+. 40 awards. www.jkcf.org/scholarship-programs/college-scholarship/
- Deadline: December 1, 2018 FRA Americanism Essay Contest grades 7-12 FRA sponsors an annual essay contest to promote the spirit of Americanism and patriotism among our country’s youth. FRA's Americanism Essay Contest is open to all students grades 7-12 and requires a 350 word essay. ww.fra.org/fra/Web/Events_and_Programs/7_12th_Grade_Essay_Contest/Web/Content/Essay_Contest.aspx?hkey=707c4b42-2eb8-4992-9d57-31b8bd14c68a
- Deadline: December 2018 Take Care of Texas Video Contest Scholarship - open to 9-12 grades
- Deadline: December 1, 2018 Walmart Associate Scholarship, Nov session for seniors and undergraduates Qualified Walmart associates and their high school senior dependents. Must be employed at Walmart for 6 months. Based on financial need and community involvement. giving.walmart.com/associate-scholarships
- Deadline: December 12, 2018 Lexus Eco Challenge STEM Contest, Grades 6-12 A teacher must sponsor a team of 5-10 students to tackle environmental issues related to land, water, air, and climate, and create practical solutions. lexus.scholastic.com
- Deadline: December 14, 2018 Take Care of Texas Video Contest - open to 6-12 grades
- Deadline December 15th, 2018 AXA Achievement Scholarship and Community Award, for seniors Students who demonstrate ambition and drive, determination to set and reach goals, respect for self, family and community, ability to succeed in college. Special consideration is given to achievements that empower society to mitigate risk through education and/or action in areas such as financial, environmental, health, safety and/or emergency preparedness. us.axa.com/axa-foundation/about.html
- 1st Deadline: December 1, 2018 Charles Butt Scholarship for Aspiring Teachers
- Deadline: December 15, 2018 North American Van Lines Logistics Scholarship
- Deadline: December 29, 2018 Dolman Law Group Scholarship Bi-annual scholarship! Submit your video now!
- Deadline: December 30, 2018 Proud Texan Scholarship
- Deadline: December 31, 2018 SBO Essay Contest BAND! You could win scholarships and/or band equipment for your school.
- Deadline: December 21, 2018 NROTC Scholarship
- Deadline: January 31, 2019 10 Words or Less Scholarship Not a person of many words? This is perfect for you!
- Deadline: January 31, 2019 Texas Student Housing: This scholarship is open to students accepted to colleges in Austin, College Station, or Denton. See counselors for the application
- Deadline: February 1, 2018 College Assistance Migrant Program Eligibility based on one of the following: Migrant Education Program, Temporary/Seasonal Farm-work, or National Farmworker Jobs Program.
- Deadline: February 15: American Hotel and Lodging Educational Foundation
- Deadline: March 1: Catholic Life Insurance Scholarship
- Deadline: March 31, 2019 Harwell & Cook Orthodonics