Laurel Mountain Elementary Library
We love reading at LME!
Welcome to our web page! If you need usernames and passwords for our online resources such as Pebble Go, BookFlix, or Tumblebooks, please email our librarian, David Jurecka at firstname.lastname@example.org. Need to talk? Call him at 512-464-4308.
Looking for the main Laurel Mountain Elementary web page? Click here.
Lessons & Newsupdated 6/27/20
Lions love to read!
- I hope all Lion families are doing well during this challenging time! Please know that your child can still keep reading through LME's online ebook and audiobook collection. Please see login information to the right and email me if you have trouble logging in or have any other questions about reading! I will be checking my email frequently so I should be able to get back to you promptly.
- Summer reading information can be found here!
- New! Calling all budding artists! J.K. Rowling is inviting you to help illustrate her new book The Ickabog for her. (Ages 7-12)
- Past online library lessons be found on this website.
- Does your child need something new to read but not sure what? Our library assistant, Mrs. Ivison, put together this list of new and hot books to get your family excited about reading!
- Need some more book recommendations? Want to get a jump on next school year's hottest books? Here's a list of next year's Bluebonnet books with activities.
- Great news if you need fresh books! LME's local Spicewood Springs Branch of the Austin Public Library is open for curbside service; drive-up book drop available! Monday - Friday 10 AM - 6 PM.
- Round Rock Public Library is also open and has curbside pickup. https://www.roundrocktexas.gov/departments/library/
- Their page indicates you only need a valid Texas driver's license with current address to get a card. https://www.roundrocktexas.gov/departments/library/how-do-i/get-a-card/
- In the past, the Round Rock library always gave library cards to any Round Rock ISD student, so if you go there, take a copy showing proof they attend LME just in case.
- Another great resource is our LME/RRISD subscription sites like Brainpop, Tumblebooks, Bookflix, and many more! Please have your child log in to their RRISD gmail account and find the usernames and passwords here by clicking on the yellow lock. If it is not working or if your child cannot login, please email me and I will send you the file.
Don't forget that we offer over 7,000 ebooks to students through MackinVIA. Works with iPads, Android, PC, and Mac. Grab the app or log in at www.mackinvia.com.
Enter the school name and then your child's username and password (s and their 6 digit number, for example: s123456). For example:
- username: s123456
- password: s123456
- Please note that you can change your password once you login.
Please contact me if you need help logging in at email@example.com.