About the Event
Central Texas Teen & Kids Comic Con debuted on December 2, 2017 in Round Rock, Texas where over 2,500 participants came to Round Rock High School for the festivities. This free event is a comic and graphic novel convention aimed at offering teens, kids, and educators the chance to interact with comic creators, participate in workshops, and showcase their creativity. This year's con will be held February 15, 2020.
Participants will be able to:
- listen to and interact with speaker panels
- get books autographed
- participate in illustration and animation workshops
- browse displays of artwork
- enter the Cosplay Fashion Show & Contest
- submit original work for the Art Contest
- shop for books and paraphernalia
- participate in the gaming hall
- win door prizes
- tackle the inflatable obstacle course
- enjoy free arts & crafts
- This event is exclusively for students--ages 5 through 19--and those accompanying them as well as educators.
- All costumes must be G-Rated.
- No replica weapons are permitted (Lightsabers excepted).
- Full facial masks may only be worn during the Cosplay Fashion Show & Contest.
- Although concessions will be available for food purchases on site, participants are also welcome to bring their own food and non-alcoholic beverages.
There will be zero tolerance for harassment. Keep your hands to yourself. If you would like to take a picture with or of someone, ask permission. Please inform con staff if you experience or witness any form of harassment.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the event?
Saturday, February 15, 2020 | 10:00 AM - 3:30 PM | Doors open at 9:30 AM
Who may attend?
- The event is exclusively for students, ages 5 through 19, and educators.
- Those accompanying students are also invited.
- Elementary aged students (ages 5-11), must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
What should I bring?
- Bring your love of comics and graphic novels!
- Cosplay is optional. All costumes must be G Rated.
- Bring money if you want to purchase concessions or items from the vendor booths.
- It is not required to bring a printed ticket.
Will there be food?
- Yes! The con has partnered with Double Dave's and Bush's for lunch concessions, plus snacks and drinks will be available.